Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$98
Hotels.comUS$107
Expedia.comUS$107
eDreamsUS$98
TravelocityUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$107
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2019

I stayed here 6 nights recently. Very comfortable and very quiet, good bar, splendid host. Breakfasts plentiful. Few minutes walk to piazza and ferry stage and many restaurants including the brilliant Sottosopra not to be missed. I had glorious lake view. If without car, Euros 15 from Stresa station. There is a station at Baveno but branch line. Look out for Villa Fedora where Giordano wrote his opera of that name. Gardens are now municipal park. The church and separate batisterio are well worth a visit or two.

Room tip: Take a lake view room .- you see all the islands
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2018

An otherwise pleasant stay ended with a problem in the last few minutes, when I wanted to pay!

The hotel is a mid-range establishment, its main downside is the absence of a restaurant, making it effectively a large B & B. While it could do with some modernisation and a lick of paint, it is clean and well-run. It has a free open-air car park, in which I was able to find a space every day. Note that narrow streets and a one-way system mean that it essential to approach the hotel by car from the SS33 by Via Montegrappa and Via Margheritis. Breakfast is essentially self-service, with cereal, cold meats, bread and pastries.Perfectly acceptable unless you're an Englishman who insists on his bacon, eggs and fried slice!

I took the shine off my stay with an own goal at checkout, assisted by a free ball from the man at reception. I presented a pre-paid card in euros. The bloke had some initial difficulty in getting the machine to work and started to mutter about "il cambio" - the exchange rate. I said there was no need for an exchange rate, as the card was in euros. At the same time, a bit of paper sticks out of the machine with a sterling sum visible. Fearing DCC (and paying twice to reconvert to euros), I went in search of a cash machine, but was unable to get enough in one transaction. I ended up paying with another card.

I've since determined that the bit of paper was merely an OFFER of DCC, but the bloke seemed completely unaware that his payment machine was giving foreign visitors the erroneous impression of a scam, while the establishment is actually completely honest.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Hotel Azalea. It's located in the centre of the village close to restaurants and the lake front. There was plenty of free on site parking. We had a superior room with lake view and terrace on the 4th floor. It was clean, bright and comfortable with good views of the lake (although the view from the terrace on our room, 405, was slightly obstructed by a pitched roof so the balustrade was higher). We had wicker table and chairs on the terrace, which was shaded by the roof above. The bed was a comfortable large double. The shower room was clean and efficient. Breakfast was fine with fruits, bakery items, cold meat, cheese etc. We usually finished breakfast by taking our coffees to sit on the sofas by the pool. The pool was small but refreshing and poolside loungers were really comfortable. Bar prices were good and the staff were charming and welcoming.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed 3 nights here, plenty of space with a double bedroom, bunks in another room and space for sleeping in the living area. There is a gas hob, oven, microwave, washing machine, fridge and freezer plus a kettle and coffee machine but no balcony or air con. We used the fan but it was slightly warm at night. The hotel is a 1 minute walk and the pool was big enough to enjoy a small swim with a bar for reasonably priced drinks (big vino rosso or beer for €3). We did not try the breakfast but the staff were friendly and we used the free parking (there is also a 5€/day spacious garage parking area). Close to the centre of Baveno where we enjoyed the Posta restaurant which is good for gluten free options including pasta. I walked up Motterone which was 3-4 hours (allowing for some mistakes!) and travelled down in the cable car with my family. The hotel rooms may have been better value for the 3 of us but we enjoyed our stay in the well equipped ground floor apartment.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We found the staff helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to accommodate us when we asked we could stay for two nights instead of one, upgrading us to a room with a balcony with a fabulous view of the lake. Breakfast was just perfect and set us up for the day. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Date of stay: June 2018