1,571 results
All reviews lake maggiore insight tour indoor and outdoor pools big hotel dining rooms trafalgar tour stained glass tour group public areas beautiful location classy hotel isola bella hotel grounds old style sister hotel wonderful hotel local restaurants
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business meeting for two nights. Pros: beautiful lakeside location, staff pleasant if not always perfectly-trained, free WiFi (for conference anyway). Cons: a good 45 minutes from Milan airport, room very narrow, shower very narrow, no chance of ordering food in the lovely lakeside bar (needed to attend main restaurants with quite poor ambience), poor ability to just tap credit card, electronic lock on mini bar in room.
Ultimately I would not recommend this hotel others, my feeling is that if you wished to visit this beautiful part of Italy that there are probably better venues. In this hotel I just felt that the customer service and ease of access of services etc just wasn’t at the standard it should be at. - Let me order food in the bar, let me pay for things without always signing the receipt, and improve my room significantly and then I would consider returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank drcdavenport
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I was part of 120+ delegates for an Industry event over three days and three nights. The Hotel was perfect for the event which brought together purchasers and suppliers from around the world. It was the perfect size being a large hotel to cope with the demands for large meeting areas, private dining areas etc.

The rooms are big enough and well appointed with clean bathrooms and great balconies with fantastic views of the lake.

The staff in the hotel are first rate, nothing is too much trouble for them. Special shout out has to go to the bar staff who were able to cope with the demands of 120+ delegates enjoying ourselves well into the night! The bar staff were all professionals who can mix any cocktail you can think of and do it with a smile. So if the hotel management read this, please pass on our thanks to the guys in the bar.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I stayed at this Hotel approx 12 years ago and remembered the stunning lake views and how happy I was staying here.
On my second visit nothing has changed....The service was good. Staff were friendly,helpful and efficient and Lake Maggiore was as stunning as ever.
We ate on the Hotel Restaurant terrace twice and found the food to be superb.
Two issues however....
The fridge in the room when opened had a bad smell which lingered a good while when opened.
We reported it to housekeeping and the smell was eradicated...mostly!
Secondly we ate on the Hotel bar terrace late one evening. Foccaccia with ham and cheese....I've been having foccacia since I was a kid and that was not foccaccia!!
It was two ends of a bread loaf turned upside down,warmed up with ham and cheese thrown in!.....had a couple of bites and left it..disappointing.
However,these two minor issues did not spoil our enjoyment..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank _fgt59
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night on our European Tour . Magnificent hotel overlooking Lake Maggiore in the Italian Alps.
Spacious well appointed rooms with either lake or mountain views - comfortable beds.
Hotel has a wonderful bar overlooking the lake and a top class restaurant ( Last Hall) and is also close to many fine eating houses.
A great location , close Isola Bella and all other tourist attractions.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This was our favourite hotel on my family of five's 12-day Trafalgar tour of Italy. We were impressed the minute we walked into the lobby with its opulent furnishings and ceiling. We had two rooms, both spacious and clean. The view from the gardens was spectacular, as was the view from the restaurant during dinner and breakfasts. Nice pools, indoor and in outdoor. Very nice hotel among scenic Italy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family