Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio d’Arte
Open today: 15:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
High quality art, and a great hostess!

We visited Varenna in August 2018 and stopped in at this art gallery and met the artist's partner... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2018
KWWS70
Brisbane, Australia
Incredible Custom Painting and Owners of the studio!

I can't describe what an incredible experience it was to work with Melita and Paolo! I wanted to... read more

Reviewed 26 August 2018
cabosea

All reviews art gallery living room beautiful paintings arrived safely oil paintings his wife purchase paulo melina artists shipped capture purchasing distinct impressionists delivery bellagio
Reviewed 21 September 2017

What a find this gallery is! Varenna is so refreshing after the hustle and bustle of Bellagio. Happening upon the gallery, located just off the main square, added immensely to our enjoyment of Varenna. Paul DeMaria is truly a gifted artist and many of his pieces are of museum quality. Whether you are just hunting for a memory of your visit to Lake Como or are a serious art collector, his paintings will give you what you want at fair prices. Although we did not purchase anything on this visit, it was a pleasure to visit the gallery and we will return.

Paul D, Owner at Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio d’Arte, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Oh, Paul. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this delightful review. You said you were thinking of writing one, and you did! I remember well when you visited our humble little art gallery in Varenna. I enjoyed speaking with you and am so pleased to hear your kind words of appreciation for Paolo’s work. I hope you will come see us again here in our charming little village of Varenna on your next sojourn to Lake Como. With warm regards, Melita

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Dear Melita,
The day came all so quickly and efficiently. With bated breath we hurriedly (but carefully) undid your excellently dispatched package. Nothing could have gone wrong with that packaging!!!
What was revealed sent a gush of excitement and oh so fond memories of the spectacular visit to Varenna and your gallery. The "Varenna tra i cipressi" painting, softly but with warm intensity expressed the surrounding beauty and warmth of Varenna.
As you promised, a newly vanished exceptional vivid portrayal of Varenna stood before us. What a memorable treasure it is, in excellent condition.
Thank you Melita for making this, our first purchase (trust not the last) so completely care free and with such integrity.
We will jealously keep it here hung in the one room, used by all (when we all get together) but know it will eventually go to our dear son and his beautiful Danneka, together, who made this fairytale trip come true. Every time we gaze in awe at the work, we are so warmly reminded of such a life enduring experience. Such an incredible fortunate thing to have found you and then to find such a beautiful oil, that includes the Villa Monastera,where the lovely couple were married. This is a painting highlighting the events for generations to come!!. THANK YOU Paulo and Melita.,BOTH.
We quickly found a ,"Prosecco", to enjoy with the lovely couple, and to salute you Paulo, (and your magnificent , rare talent).
Only thing left to do is organize the lighting to highlight such magnificent artistry.
Again, our very best to you both and may you continue to bring so much joy to others through your wonderful works.
Robert & Janet

Paul Demaria G, Owner at Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio d’Arte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Oh, Robert. What a joy to discover this eloquent and expressive review. It is almost poetic. I think you missed your calling being the wine "biz". Writing is your real gift. Paolo and I could feel your passion come through as we read it and are so flattered and so very happy to know that your experience, from walking into our humble little art studio in Varenna with Janet, to hanging your painting on the wall in your home "down under", was so pleasant and satisfyling. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts. I so enjoyed meeting all the key members of the wedding party, including the happy couple themselves and Paolo and I are honored to have contributed to a lasting memory of that historical summer event in our charming medieval village by way of a painting. We hope that gazing upon the scene will tempt you to return to our part of the world soon. With warmest regards, Melita.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

What a lovely surprise walking into this gallery. The warm welcoming. from Melita and Paolo's exceptional paintings.
After a long time chatting and admiring the art, our eyes kept being drawn to an enchanting still life of aubergines( egg plants).
Melita was happy to let us take a photo so we could have a think before purchasing.
A few months on and here I sit in Australia in frount of our beautiful painting, which to our surprise arrived within a week of money transaction.
We are sooo happy with our purchase and will always be reminded of a genuine and unforgettable experience. Thank you Melita and Paolo

Paul Demaria G, Owner at Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio d’Arte, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Oh, Janine. What a lovely surprise to read this review!! Thank you so much for your kind words of your and Warwick's impressions of your time in our little gallery in Varenna and of your experience in acquiring your lush still life. Your chose a rather unique and "hauntingly beautiful" piece of Paolo's, in my humble opinion. And I'm glad to know that the image lingered in your minds for a day or two, helped along by your photo of it. We are 'so pleased' that you are 'so pleased'. I hope that you two are able to return to Lake Como again soon and to our charming village of Varenna. And in the meantime, I hope your own painting experience continues to blossom and grow. I tried very hard to find your Facebook page, but without success. Perhaps you can send us a link or a friend request at ours, "Paul Demaria". Grazie mille, Melita

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I have just started collecting art pieces and just so happened to be in Lake Como for a wedding. So I did some online research and stumbled upon Paolo and Melita's gallery. Was really impressed with their website pictures so i decided to organise a visit to see them. Melita was a star, even helped organise my ferry and taxi logistics.

Paolo's work is really quite impressive. He was really able to capture the unique beauty of Como as well as paintings in other locations. Low and behold, I ended purchasing 2 pieces!

Worth the visit, keep up the good work!

Paul Demaria G, Owner at Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio d’Arte, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Oh, Azril. What lovely words you've written about your experience in our humble little gallery here in Varenna. Thank you. I can't tell you how honored Paolo and I were to have you spend so many of your (barely) 48 hours here on Lake Como with us on our part of the lake. It was great fun working with you and organizing your journey here, but paled in comparison to being in your very pleasant company (and to witnessing your "virtual" painting purchase for your friend). Paolo and I hope you enjoy your Varenna scene for many years to come and that it tempts you to return to our part of the world, and especially to our charming medieval village of Varenna soon. Warmly, Melita.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had the distinct pleasure of spending a few lovely days in Varenna recently. One of the highlights of our stay was our experience at the Paul Demaria Gallery. We happened to stop in to take a look around and pass the time, not even considering a purchase (not our practice). Little did we know that we would be so taken by Paola's work that we would buy not one, but two of his paintings. (We couldn't decide which one we liked better!)

Further, the actual experience of purchasing the paintings couldn't have been easier or more pleasant, as Paolo and his delightful wife, Melita, walked us through the delivery process (to NY) and made sure that our new household additions arrived quickly and in perfect condition.

So - long story short - if you are in town, I strongly recommend that you drop by and say hello. I'm certain you will enjoy the time you spend at this charming little gallery, and you may not be able to resist taking a little piece of it home with you.

Oh, Steve. Thank you. What a wonderful review you've written here. Paolo and I remember well that day you and wife came in (especially when you returned the second time, when our other clients were here and the prosecco was flowing...it was quite lively in the gallery on that lovely warm summer afternoon!!). Paolo and I are happy to hear that you found the whole experience to be so pleasant. We hope that you enjoy your paintings for many years to come and that they beckon you to return to Lake Como and to our beloved medieval village of Varenna (and our gallery) very soon. Warmly, Melita