All reviews no lift train station lake view coffee machine cake fruit tv como milan apartment lakeside cheese
Reviewed 8 October 2017

As family two adults and three kids we spent 8 nights in this hotel in Lecco. The apartment we booked was really good equipped with top wifi. Two rooms with double bed and TV in each of it and in one of the rooms an additional bed was added. A room with refrigerator a convertible sofa-bed was available. A good equipped kitchen was also available. The apartment contained a rest room equipped with a shower and washing machine. The kitchen was only used coffee preparation. The washing machine never was used. Two little balconies were available. One with a great view over the lake, the other gave a good view to the mountains. The apartment was not equipped with a carpet, what we enjoyed very much. This apartment was placed in the sixth floor, reachable via elevator and stairway.
We were aware of that the breakfast-buffet is small. Some fruits, yoghurts, one or two types of bread rolls, two type of small filled croissants, some type of cornflakes, cake, same cheese every day, ham and salami. Different types of jam, honey, two type of spread cheese, butter and baby bell. The coffee machine supported any kind of coffees and milk (milk powder) drinks. Water and three kinds of juices were available. For us absolutely ok and fitted the price and our expectations.
Beside these pros we had some cons:
Personal statement: I am not a person who is claiming everything. I accept a lot as long I get a minimal standard service. But if I do not get the minimal service I paid for,..and if I am forced to aks for….
- Three times I had to ask for toilet paper
- The Sunday after our arrival the room was not prepared. Argument: After the big change over during the weekend there was no time to prepare the room.
- Three times in the morning we had to ask for the knives to start the breakfast.
- Baby bell ran out at the beginning of the week and refilled Saturday.
- During the week the available (there was not a lot) fruits ran out. Available were only two oranges, a grapefruit and a Kiwi. The answer to my question for other fruits was answered with “the fruits are finished”. Next days some others were again available.
- The general impression of the service: In the morning we got only from the service desk “good morning” or “buongiorno” after our greeting. The service during breakfast was more ignorant than obliging.
- The Saturday before our departure the room again was not prepared. After my complained I got the answer, that probable the room will not be prepared because only one co-worker was on the way to prepare all rooms. Finally they took the decision to clean the room a 5 pm.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night with the family, 2 adults and 2 kids. Had the family room, room had fun our beds, 1 queen, 1 sofa, and 1 rollaway which basically filled up the room. Room was definitely not aged, small shower and overall clean. Just 5 minutes outside the center, good for a stroll along the lake. Breakfast was basic, car parked on the private parking, recommended. No lift so walk the stairs. Overall, a good and relaxed stay , friendly staff. Would definitely make a stopover here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We checked in very late, due to our flight coming in late that night into Milan. Phoned the hotel and someone was there to check us in when we arrived. That was so helpful. Very Clean apartment. Most items were brand new and never used before. Very helpful and accommodating staff. If you need anything, just ask and they willing to assist whoever possible. Location was excellent. View of the lake and hotel is directly across the lake. Walking distance to Basilica San Nicolo. Boat ride on the lake nearby as well. Breakfast was well catered for. Delicious Pizza shop downstairs, Punjab Indian restaurant downstairs as well. Across has a kids play area and lake side cafe. Enjoining my time here very much.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

- no lift
- no lake view. I wonder how desperate they about the big trees blocking the amazing lake view
- simple breakfast, hmm, somehow too austere
- The young receptionist talks a little too much and can be judgmental
- noisy. For a hot summer day, you cannnot open the window (facing directly to the street) or turn on the AC (old rumbling machine). Maybe you need to bring a fan with you.

+ the room is newly renovated. Somehow hard to find around lake Como.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Comfortable business-class hotel right on the tree lined promenade facing the lake. We stayed in early May and though we booked an apartment in the rear block, we were upgraded to a lake facing room in the hotel itself. There was a whiff of fresh paint in the stair well & on landings, so I guess the refurb' programme was over-running. Suited us fine. Good sized room with quality bathroom & fittings. Very clean & felt like a higher-end hotel chain room. Very impressed with the hotel & professionalism of the staff. However the real star of the show is Lecco itself. I couldn't get a hotel anywhere near Como for the date I wanted so opted for Lecco as a second choice. So glad I did! Why doesn't this place take top billing?! Amazing setting with steeped sided snow-capped mountains framing the lake, charming town with great shops and friendly locals. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: If you can get a lake view, do!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family