All reviewslake viewgreat locationsister hotelfree wifipeople watchingold townfront desk stafffirst floorrecommend this hotelpiazza cavourthe hotel stafftrain stationexcellent hotelbuffet breakfasthotel restaurantstayed for nightsnice room
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Right across from the water, directly in front of the ferry, 10 mins walk from the train station, in the middle of everything. The perfect spot. Great staff, nice clean spacious rooms, breakfast included and I’m sure it was lovely but I just don’t get up in time. I loved it and will definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gentille C
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Gentille C,
thank you for posting a review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior.
Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for highlighting our unbeatable location and great staff!
I will proudly share your compliments with my treasured team!
Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This is a terrible hotel that DOES NOT care about there clients €200 a night gets you a room that’s
1. Out of date
2. Unsafe
This whole hotel is designed to extract money from English speaking tourist and Italian arrogance is at a high with the staff
Micheala in particular was the worst, we woke to construction right next door and all the staff knew there was construction but no one informed us. When I complained early in the morning she agreed to move us but backflipped an hr later and they’ll of us we needed to pay €50 extra to move !!!!!
The breakfast is run by a Philippino/ Asian women that’s rude and looks down on people.
The next day directly above our room in the hotel construction work in the bathroom above was going on. Water started pouring out of the ceiling. I demanded I speak to the manager
Madalina, Daniele and Dario all refused to get the manager “ MR WEBER “ when I strongly demanded to speak to the manager madalina ( another arrogant Italian ) told me she would call the police if I didn’t pay and go!
This is a very bad hotel and I recommend ALL people of Especially Americans not to use this place simply because they target you to extract your money.
This hotel was the worst I’ve seen in 25yrs of travel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Antonio D,

before replying, we asked Tripadvisor to remove this review due to the racist comments. We are shocked to learn that
Tripadvisor actually encourages this type of review, as it was not removed immediately as requested.

As a hotel policy we do not comment this type of review, full of offensive and racist remarks. Unfortunately we witnessed the guest's
aggressive and offensive nature at the hotel and this is also quite evident in the review itself.

R. Webber

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Central location is great. Hotel is dated and not as well run as it could be. Maid service was spotty and the air conditioning, during a very hot week, was simply not doing the job. Reasonable, but occluded view from second floor balcony room. Included breakfast was sub par with only one hot main dish (soupy scrambled eggs). Friendly reception staff but they didn't seem to know about restaurants within just a few blocks - including ones that had been in business for many years. Just kind of off....

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cruiseagentandtaxman
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and valuable feedback. Sorry to hear that your overall experience was average.
We normally pride ourselves on the excellent comments received about our service, cleanliness and hospitality.
Our reception staff are very well informed on the restaurants in the city, nevertheless they are keen to suggest our
in-house restaurant "Bistro" that we consider the best in town!
Kind regards,
Robert Webber
GM

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

If looking for a place to sleep in como, this hotel is great. Everything about this place is great. The location and accomodation. Rooms are clean and comfortable with a lake view. But above all is the stuff. Eager to help and goes out of its way to do so. Thanks a lot for everything.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Anver B,
thank you very much for posting a review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior.
I will proudly share your thoughts with my treasured team.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The Barchetta is wonderfully located right on the lake with uninterruped views. The bar and restaurant on the ground floor have a good variety of food and the coffee is really good and well priced. The hotel is surrounded by good Italian restaurants serving traditional pizza and pasta dishes. The buffet breakfast is excellent and the service is good. There are plenty of shops nearby and the ferries crossing the lake are within easy access. The room was well furnished, clean and had a shower (not over the bath). I stayed for 4 nights and could have easily stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Happysolo_12,
thank you so much for posting a review! We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior.
Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back soon!