“Budget price for excellent central square Bellagio location”
Review of Hotel Suisse

Hotel Suisse
Ranked #11 of 14 Bellagio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Tired but charming old Grand Dame building facing waterfront on Bellagio main square. Hotels in Bellagio are expensive; this is a reasonable alternative remembering that it is 2 star, not 5. Clean, quirky layout with polite, helpful staff. Room at front very small with fabulous view.

Room Tip: pay extra for water view
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Our room had (16) had wonderful views over the lake and was blessed with a new bathroom with a great shower and it was perfectly clean, however, not so impressive was the fact that it was always chilly - no heating which felt a little mean especially as it had been snowing on the hills opposite! Whilst we appreciated the old furnishings which were probably in place when the place opened in the 1800's it was a shame they had not been maintained, the marble broken on the bedside table, handles missing off the chest of drawers. Lovely original door/windows but so badly painted with paint on the glass, looked like a child had been given a job to do! The pillows were very hard. The room was also on the 3rd floor, so quite a climb if you are elderly or unfit. The flat screen TV could only get one station and that was not with the telecommander, but we did get Wifi in the room which was a bonus. So we felt, although the room wasn't bad, it could've have been so much nicer with a little care and heating. It felt rather like they were providing the minimum service for maximum return. Breakfast also in the same vein. Minimum breakfast offered, bread, butter, a pot of jam each, wafer thin ham and cheese and hard boiled egg. So although it was all there, it just seemed a pit pinched...not luxurious or a breakfast of note. Coffee was excellent however and served from the machine. So there was nothing really wrong but it could have been so much better....

Restaurant was good, however very expensive compared to comparable places.

Room Tip: Go for a lake view, the 3rd floor is a long way up without a lift!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jillmkp
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We had a lake front room with a view of Lake Como. It was beautiful. The rooms in the front are smaller than in the back but the view makes up for it. The hotel and restaurant are one. You need to enter the restaurant in the front of the buiilding to get to the hotel during the day. After hours their is a side entrance.

Room Tip: For tourist who require larger rooms and big showers do not use the lake front rooms. Get a back ro...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2015

My husband and I visited Bellagio in December, the off season, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. There were two reasons why I booked a room at Hotel Suisse and those are 1. It was open 2. All the rave reviews of the lake view and wonderful service.

At check-in, the lady working told us there were only two rooms being occupied in the hotel that night. Oddly enough, they put us right next to each other. Our room was nice enough. Basic and slightly banged up (bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way, toilet seat had a huge, sharp crack that pinched when sat on), but spacious, clean and with a beautiful view of the lake. However, the walls and doors were so thin, I could hear our neighbors talking at normal volume and people walking up and down the stairs at 2 AM. I didn't sleep very well, so I was looking forward to the breakfast everyone had raved about.

No one was working in the dining room. There were two tables set for breakfast, with our neighbors already sitting at one. We helped ourselves to the buffet and sat for 15 minutes before a lady came in (different from the night before) and brought us croissants and espressos. I asked for a coffee after finishing my espresso and she just stared/frowned at me, then kind of huffed as she took our cups away and brought coffees. Did I mention there were only two tables occupied? And breakfast was mostly self service?? Yeesh. At checkout, I felt she was being kinder to our dog than she had been to us all morning.

My husband really enjoyed the view, but I'd say that's the only draw this place has. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EHMH
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We arrived to Hotel Suisse late afternoon after a long but enjoyable train/bus trip. We actually walked past the hotel a few times as the reception is the 'desk' in the restaurant. The first or second person didn't know we were coming and there was a frantic panic to find the manager. Anyway the owner comes out and barks orders and we are taken to a room up a gorgeous narrow street. The room we were taken too was the wrong one, so we stood and waited until the owner wnet and got the correct keys. Then we were taken to another room which was nice however we shared the entrance with two large dogs. We decided to relax before heading out to dinner. So after running a bath for my new wife, a knock on the door arrived and we are told we were put in the wrong room. I couldn't believe it! But we looke don the bright side we were mving away from the dogs that lurked outside our doors and windows. We packed up and walked past the 6 guests who were meant to be in our room, they had young toddlers and were not happy at all about the dogs, we offered to stay but the room we were going to was much smaller. Then our new room, nice too but that's were it ended. My wife booked it and wanted a romantic sea view - that was non-existent. But again we didn't mind, quick shower and out for dinner no relaxing!

This is were it all went REALLY wrong, that night it was raining, our whole room flooded water running from the light switch, running down the wall. I woke up to the sound of water dripping on the bed. I got up, put my bare feet into a substantial amount of water. I ran down to reception, the whole building was locked up, we rang the emergency number, no answer! So my wife and I were forced to go sit in the dark, cold kitchen huddled in a blanket until 6am when a cleaner was able to let us into one of the main hotel rooms.

When we got up, the owner didn't apologies, didn't do anything and asked for FULL payment! I told him absolutely not. And he said that he would agree to take the amount of the last night of our stay but that was beyond generous. His customer service skills were non-existent. He had a air of entitlement and absolutely should not be running any kind of hotel or customer service based company. I will never be back to lake como, it has just us with a sour taste.

Room Tip: Do not choose an apartment, they are likely to flood, no seaview, and two large dogs outside one of...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corcreechy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
0.1 km away
18.8 km away
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio

Been to Hotel Suisse? Share your experiences!