“Perfect Lunch in A Charming Spot”

Reve Cafe & Restaurant
Price range: US$28 - US$79
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I sat outdoors at a very comfortable table for what turned out to be a completely delightful experience. I had the fried anchovies with thai sauce as a starter. For those mot familiar with the anchovies of this area, put away your notions of salty oil soaked fish and think instead of a fresh white fish almost like a small perch. The almond crusted amberjack was cooked to perfection. The service was impeccable. Just a total delight in both atmosphere and cuisine and we will certainly return. I bought two bottles of the Chardonnay made by a friend of the owner at a vineyard near Venice and I am enjoying a glass right now as I write this review.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We dined outside in lovely courtyard. Service was outstanding our meal was better, fresh seafood, excellent menu. Every meal was great in Santa M but this was #1

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

If you like mashed potato head here, the food was disappointing. The octopi was more like shredded crab and the steak chewy. The ambience was nice, the waiter quirky.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Fantastic ,intimate setting with a view of the harbour, but away from the hustle and bustle. The staff were delightful, attentive, warm and quirky.....absolute gems. We shared the marinated salmon,one word,divine, then I had the seafood tagliatelle,again fabulous and my husband the cod,great. Chocolate flan and coffee completed a night to remember. We took the advice of the waiter and had the northern Italian white vine, by a the glass and that was delicious. 10/10 Thank you Rêve. Please note I could not click service,food, value ( it didn't work) but they were all 5/5 and more

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Only just set back off the main road but very cleverly staged and it is a pleasant outside dining location.
Service is good and the red wine recommended to us was excellent and good value.
In fact the whole meal was very good value at just 80 Euros prior to adding a tip for a shared pasta starter and two mains, plus the bottle of red.
Our issue was that the food was somewhat disapppointing.
Pork shank was a very generous portion but I left some not because I was especially full but just because it was slightly dry. Beef fillet was overdone and texture was chewy rather than melting.
It is clearly very popular but based on food alone we wouldn't make an effort to go back.