“Artisanal food of the highest order”
Review of Ristorante MOG

Ristorante MOG
Reviewed 1 September 2018

My wife and I sad the Ceviche and Tartare as a starter which were superb. Technique was excellent and ingredients impeccably sourced. Main course was Turbot mediterranean style and we followed it with the Sorbet and Sangria and the Almond Cream. Wine was an Italian chardonnay at 26 Euros a bottle an inexpensive choice.
There is much care taken with the food in this restaurant. The cherry tomatoes with the fish were incredibly intense in flavour and the olives were also quite outstanding,
The bill came to 159 Euros whch I thought fair.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious fish, very well cooked! Excellent service, very friendly. Nice athospher. But unessesary big (we realised afterwards) and expensive starters. Makes the evening feel expensive for a family with children.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The things we ordered were tasty, but I think that the restaurant management should consider adding more options. Place was neat,!service was average. More of a touristic spot, due to the prices, as if we’ve chosen a place that locals go to, the prices would have been mich lower. But still it was quite a good evening.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my mother went out of our way to go to this restaurant that advertises online that they can accomodate to vegans. However, they just shook their head no and said there was nothing they could do. They were offensive and asked if dishes that clearly have dairy would be good enough. Very disappointed. Rude service. We ate at da Gennaro’s instead and was very pleased.

2  Thank Nina H
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The food was good but not remarkable. The one star is for ungracious service. We made reservations. The place was empty but for one party. We asked for the a table closest to the view. They said no, the tables were taken. Bull spit. No one took either of the two four tops we requested. One four top was split in two to accommodate a party of two. One four top remained empty. Of course the restaurant wants to keep the most desirable table in reserve to coax in clients. But when a guest asks for it, and it is not reserved, you give it up. AND, they told us about the special app, grilled red shrimp. At this point my radar is up. How much is it. 7 Euro per shrimp. WTF? Had I not asked, we would have gotten two orders. They had the stink of desperation on them. I wonder why? Everywhere else that we have been in this wonderful, amazing country has treated us like beloved guests. Not this place. Again, to be fair the food was better than average. And the location is pretty good. Just feel free to be extra assertive. Perhaps, shame on me for not wanting to make my family uncomfortable by advocating for a better table. But I chose this joint for the 0.1 star rating advantage over a couple of alternatives. I hope this one star review knocks below the crowd. I am a gracious appreciative diner. You could have had a good review.....