“A wonderful Tuscan and Ligurian evening”

Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chuflay Restaurant conjures up the glamour of decades past. Dine inside, or take a seat on the terrace bordering the bustling Piazzetta. The sophisticated charm of the restaurant has attracted famous guests such as James Cameron, Ronald Howard and Rod Stewart.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The restaurant is located in Portofino's main square - its is quieter at night. The restaurant was celebrating its 20th of Anniversary with a fixed menu of local foods.

The food was first class from beginning to end - Bravo to the chef and to the waiters.
The restaurant belongs to the Hotel Splendido - see separate review.

If you viist Portofino you should eat here

CP & CP Family

DeMegni, Direttore at Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear CP & Family,

thank you to have shared your 'Chuflay Restaurant Experience' with all the TripAdvisor community.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again iin the famous Piazzetta, I remain

Reviewed 14 June 2018

After flying in from America and then taking a 2.5 hour car ride to reach Portofino, we were tired. We had reservations for dinner here made before we arrived. (Note: get reservations! In high season, don't plan on just walking up to any of the restaurants here.) On arrival to this beautiful harbor side restaurant, we were treated to truly first class food/service. No one was snobby or anything but accommodating. A welcome change from what ofttimes happens in highly rated/sought after dining establishments. A piano player inside only added to the ambience. The grilled fish and pasta dish with both red/pesto sauces combined was to die for.

1  Thank RJSMD
DeMegni, Direttore at Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear RJSMD,

It is a great pleasure to read you enjoyed your meal, I will extend your positive and kind words to all the Chuflay Team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Portofino, to make your next meal even more memorable!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The food here is no better than other less expensive places like Tripoli and even Il Pescatore that are not tourist traps. Pesto is indeed a highlight but after that no one was wowed and the menu is fairly limited.

1  Thank ExRIGuy
DeMegni, Direttore at Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear ExRIGuy,

first of all allow me to thank you to have shared your "Chuflay Bar Experience" with all the TripAdvisor community.

We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and our Guests' feedback whether positive or negative, are an invaluable part of that process.

For this I would like to thank you once again for your kind and constructive feedback, I have taken a very good note and I will personally discuss it with the Heads of Departments involved.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the Piazzetta, I remain at your total disposal

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We just let our waiter bring us his favorite foods, and we were not disappointed! Great spot on the waterfront.

DeMegni, Direttore at Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Melissa M,

once again, thank you for your kind reviews and to have shared your 'Chuflay Bar Experience" with all the TripAdvisor community.

Wishing you a Splendido weekend, we remain at your total disposal

With our very best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and happened upon this restaurant at lunchtime today. Wow! Were we lucky. While seafood is the house specialty, we both wanted pasta. My wife had pasta curta with the best pesto ever. I tasted it and it was next level. I had gnocchi with meat sauce- also excellent. The service was friendly perfection.

DeMegni, Direttore at Chuflay Restaurant at Belmond Splendido Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Michael C,

first of all allow me to thank you to have shared your 'Chuflay Experience' with all the TripAdvisor community.
It is a great pleasure to read your wife and you have enjoyed so much your "pasta al pesto" and "gnocchi con il sugo", tipycal italian and ligurian dishes! I will extend your positive and kind words to all the Chuflay Team.

We do hope to have the pelasure of welcoming you back in Portofino, and render your next meal even more memorable!