“Good food, lovely views”
Review of Ristorante Stella

Ristorante Stella
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Portofino
Price range: US$46 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after exploring Portofino based on the great reviews. We had fried fish and the pesto lasagne plus drinks. The food was good and we had a lovely view overlooking the port. Service was also good. We personally felt it was a little pricey for what it was (for example, 6€ for a soft drink and 23€ for the fried fish), but that’s what you get for a popular tourist spot. All round nice restaurant.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Based on reviews, we picked this restaurant for lunch on a cruise stop. We took in the sights walking up the narrow street and stairs for the great views and photos, including a walk to the lighthouse for a coffee. We came back to get a good table at this restaurant soon after opening hours. The view was good and sunlight was right. Food was also very good at reasonable prices. Local grilled fish was best. Our friends who came late and had to get a table in the next restaurant paid much more for less satisfying food.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Stella's in portofino.
Overpriced the food was very poor I had meat linguini the meat was of very poor quality and the sause was none totally lacking the food was dismal proberbly the worst Italian food I had ever had they had run out of beer too unbelievable.
They seemed to want your table pretty fast the service was also lacking.
Overall really disappointed.
Don't be fooled by the pretty location.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Apart from the fact that Portofino is one magical place on Italy coast, it happens to have a list of special places to eat! Well, but for me it was clear, I head directly to the one that makes a great fish soup... it was really out of this world! The staff are really nice and friendly like almost everywhere in Italy, the bear was good as well (unfortunately I could not get wine this time). So, long story short; go there :)

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Ok you make of it what you want, before I went on a tour I made a quick reservation and request a certain table. 5 Euro tip, and when I got back my table was waiting for me, even if it was packed. Sits on the water in the square by the ferry. SO yes very busy and FUN. Pasta was good, wine was good, service was good, had an enjoyable time. They also did not rush us. They have inside and outside seating, and very relaxed folks.

Just stop by in the morning and make your reservation. The young man who took care of us is very passionate about wine, THANK YOU really appreciated your service.