“Something different in Italy”

Ristorante Indiano Taj
Ranked #197 of 485 Restaurants in La Spezia
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

My sister and I enjoyed a tasty alternative to the usual Italian cuisine on our Italian holiday. We had Chicken Tandoori, Navratan Kurma and naan and Mango Malai for dessert. All meals were very tasty and the service and waiter were more than pleasant.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Best naan I've ever had! Very good use of spices, great cuts of chicken. We ordered Vindaloo and chicken tikka masala. The chef made it fresh in the kitchen the moment we ordered.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Based on the good reviews we tried this restaurant. My vegetable biryani was OK, nothing special, but my husbands mutton biryani was awful - full of large chunks of tough meat which were inedible. It looked pretty unappetising too. It took a while to get the order right , mine was served quite quickly but pronounced to be chicken biryani when I had ordered vegetarian - it was actually vegetable, so a bit confusing. My husbands order was missed completely so I'd almost finished eating before his arrived.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Our family was ready to take a break from Italian food finally. We were excited to find an Indian place right in old town La Spezia. Alas, our tikka masala and saag were horrible. Any of the usual wonderful flavors were overpowered by salt. On the plus side, the owner was friendly and the naan was good.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Fantastic curry, just what we felt like after a couple of weeks of pizza and pasta! Free wifi in the centre of La Spezia so handy for live rugby updates. Cheap beers and wine topped off the evening. Highly recommended!!