“Kiwidavebr”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Well worth the trip up the Hill

This local restaurant is fantastic if you want to try local food and eat with the locals.It is a few minutes out of town if you have a car but your drive will be well rewarded
They speak English to help you with the menu and the daily specials board.
All the food we tried was excellent and the atmosphere with all the local people eating was great.
Excellent prices compared to down town and house wine for 3.5 euros
A great experience

1  Thank KiwiDavebr

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I just will never forget this place. I went with some friends who live in La Spezia - its in a cooler place of La Spezia up in the hills. The food was outstanding and typical for the region of Liguria (panigacci mmm buoni!!). The waiters were pleasant, funny, friendly and natural. The night was busy but the waiters still managed to create an ambience and liven up the wait with banter. This place is not for the fine dining lovers but if you want to experience real Italian food in a rustic setting, this is your place!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Best pasta I've had in Italy by far! The pasta was made there. I shared the Ravioli and Testaroli. It was the first time I've had testaroli, we could see them made by the fire which added to the atmosphere! The pesto on it was delicious. My only comment was the service was very slow but this is expected for Europe, plus the atmosphere was one to enjoy!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The chef here is doing a fantastic job, and the dishes we ate were all superb. We went on a holiday & the one waiter in the place was utterly overwhelmed. Our dishes all came out at the wrong time & the panigacci were cold by the time I could get to them - this second course came about 2 minutes after I received my primo. I won't belabor the disaster of the service because I think it was an off night owing to a decent crowd being served by only one person. On a positive note, they served a creative pasta w/ fava beans, the porchetta was fantastic, and the traditional testaroli and panigacci were superb. The place has excellent food. The only thing that disappointed was the weak wine list and subpar house wine. Still, based on the food alone & the chef's efforts, this place merits an A grade.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Lovely spot on the hillside above La Spezia, offering local delicacies, deliciously prepared in a lovely atmosphere.