“A very relaxing end to a busy sight-seeing 2 week Italian vacation”
Review of Vernazza

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Columbus, Ohio
9 helpful votes
“A very relaxing end to a busy sight-seeing 2 week Italian vacation”
Reviewed 26 June 2009

The Cinque Terre was a welcome relief after 10 days of busy, sight-seeing. We chose to stay in the sleepy village of Vernazza for 2 nights with a hotel room on the harbor. This provided easy access to restaurants, waterfront and trailheads along with a great view of the Sea. Our planned all-day hike turned into a morning trek to Monterosso and a day at the beach filled with sun, snorkeling and great company. The ability to hike, ride the train and ride the ferry allowed affordable travel options and we enjoyed all 3 choices. The pesto and foccacia bread were the best I've ever had. I would return to this region of Italy and stay longer than 2 nights.

2 Thank Travel_Fan_120207
London Gatwick
47 helpful votes
“Great place for romance”
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Vernazza in my opinion is the prettiest of the Cinque Terre villages, with Manarola a close second.

It is beautiful just to watch the sunset over the harbour wall with the waves crahing over.

A good meal can be had at the harbour, close to the pizzeria but up the steps - what a beautiful and romantic setting

53 helpful votes
“One of my favorite spots”
Reviewed 16 May 2008

Touring Italy for our honeymoon in May 2006, we were lucky enough to happen upon the Cinque Terre. Vernazza was our favorite of the five villages. We stayed for 3 days in a little apartment for 40 euro's a night! I found the room from the Rick Steves Italy guide books. Be prepared to climb up lots of stairs. You enter this charming little town by train and descend down into the town and little marina at the bottom where there are lots of shops and restaurants. The town has a magical feel to it a night and I loved the open air dining by the water. In the day time its bustling with tourists who are hiking from town to town and stopping in for a panini, slice of pizza, pesto, or gelato. We hiked the southbound towns one day and hiked up to Montresso the second day. I still dream about Vernazza and I can't wait to make it back there one day.

2 Thank SweetPeaAdventures
UK
6 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 24 August 2007

Great area to visit if you like quaint Italian Villages, lots of walking uphill, trains, boats and no cars!

Auburn, California
152 helpful votes
“Very Happy in Vernazza”
Reviewed 14 December 2006

My favorite place in Italy! Vernazza's colorful streets, seaside ambiance, and charming local characters will make you want to extend your stay here. The town is perfectly perched above the sea, and from any high point, you can see terraced hillsides and rocky cliffs that fall sharply into clear blue water. I especially enjoyed wandering around at sunset with excellent (and affordable) restaurants and bars that offered special drinks, bar snacks, wonderful food, and some of the friendliest service I found in all of Italy. Room rates are fairly reasonable, but be prepared to hike up dozens of steps to get to some of the town's best views. Allow at least two full days to explore the other Cinque Terre towns by train or foot, and give yourself time to relax and enjoy one of Italy's loveliest locations.

5 Thank girlovestogo

Been to Vernazza? Share your experiences!