“Best restaurant in Riomaggiore”
Review of Rio Bistrot

Rio Bistrot
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Riomaggiore
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Description: Rio Bistro offers a wide selection of fish, meat and wine. All first quality, selected by the chef on local availability. Wide selection of local wines and not, suggested to you by the sommelier. We look forward to lunch and dinner in the marina of Riomaggiore a few steps from the sea, in the heart of the natural park of the Cinque Terre.
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This restaurant was really amazing. The food was so fresh and delicious. My husband and I both got the tasting menu and it was great! There were like 5 courses of the freshest seafood, and that's saying a lot since I live in New England. I have celiac disease and the chef was able to provide me with a totally gluten free version at no extra cost and the gluten free bread was the best I've ever had. Prices were very reasonable and the views are hard to beat. We even got to listen to live music during the whole meal. Highly recommend, just make sure you make a reservation because there is limited seating.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on our last night in Riomaggiore and it was fantastic. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere with efficient and friendly service. We had the tasting menu which was amazing. Fine dining standards and wonderful seafood at reasonable prices. A very enjoyable evening!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We ate here after being unable to get a table outside at the neighbouring restaurant (which I've also reviewed). The service was good and the food was excellent- very good quality and nice flavours (just note that the dish sizes are small so you need to order a few courses). The only negative was that the waiter poured tiny glasses of prosecco for us (when my mum asked for a second glass it was filled up almost double the first time!). The tables were also very close together (a little uncomfortable). Overall though the food was great so I would recommend.

1  Thank EmilyAus
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We really were not blown away by the food at all.. below average, and they really made it seem like it was going to be great - however, we were pretty unimpressed.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Enjoyed a wonderful meal and friendly service from the Rio Bistro team.
The menu was diverse and tasty, matched with a recommended wine led to a memorable night in Riomaggiore.