“Best pizza we ate in Tuscany”

K&Pris Pizzeria Pinseria
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Riomaggiore
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Very good dough and fresh ingredients. We were there early, so there wasn't a queue. We only waited 10 minutes for the pizza.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Really great pizza to grab and eat outside!
True gem in Riomaggiore with very fast service. Recommended!

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

second best pizza i had in my life (and i have quite a lot of pizza) - the guy working there is super friendly & fun.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We went to get a pizza for dinner and the shop was just starting to get busy. With one guy running the show, we understood that it might take a little longer than your average takeout. However, we waited about 45 minutes for our pizzas because he had burnt ours in the oven. He made new ones for us but added mushrooms when I had ordered without. By that time we were pretty hungry and just wanted some food. The pizza was delicious but the man running the shop, while trying his best, was clearly overwhelmed by the orders coming in.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I hate to write a bad review but my experience here deserves it. I rarely go to a restaurant while traveling without reading TA reviews, and this place was rated #1. I actually tried coming here twice over the past few days and it was closed. Stopped tonight about 7:35 after a long day wanting a quick pizza for dinner. It wasn’t crowded; another couple and I ordered at the same time. There was one guy working there. I watched him make our pizzas pretty quickly. They got their pizza in about 30 minutes, I got mine after an hour (literally) at the same time as people who came in 20 or 30 minutes after me. I’m not certain what happened but he had messed up a pizza saying “ this ones for me”, maybe he gave my pizza to that customer. Totally disorganized. He was eating his pizza while making the other pizzas. No gloves of course, not that I would expect that here. At one point he needed change for a customer, was gone 4-5 minutes, and came back with a popsicle which he also ate while he made pizzas. Hands in the cheese, the dough, then his pizza into his mouth, then the popsicle. Never washed his hands. When my pizza finally came out, I gave him 10 for an 8 euro bill, but he didn’t have change and left again to get some, presumably. After a few minutes I just left, disgusted, not wanting to tip him, but wanting to get home with the pizza before it got cold. Meanwhile he gave the customers right in front of me a free beer after apologizing because he did something wrong with their pizza box.
I can’t reconcile my experience with all of the great reviews. To be fair, the pizza was good. Maybe the guy was a fill-in. But this was a frustrating experience and I could never recommend this shop.