“Lovely dinner spot ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed Wednesday and from December to March
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We had the seafood ravioli with shrimp sauce, the pesto gnocchi and the pesto spaghetti. All 3 were magnificent, especially the seafood ravioli. Topped off with some local wine and tiramisu for dessert - we are very satisfied. Highly recommend

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Was on a Cosmos tour and made a visit (too short!) to Cinque Terre and Monterosso. Had time for lunch so we ate at Ristorante Ciak.and it was wonderful. My husband had the seafood pasta with mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari and squid and was very pleased. I had Spaghetti alla Bolognese which was excellent. The service was good.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Quality of the food unfortunately did not make up for rude service. Quality of dinner just ok. Many items on menu had to be shared by two. Surprised to see 6 euro charge at end of meal. Happy to leave. Others seemed to be enjoying their meals though especially tour groups who had prearranged meals Maybe our choice of entree factored in. Waiter put off the even the smallest request like butter for the bread.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lorenzo C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ristorante Ciak, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hello MimzMary,
We are very sorry for the poor service you received. Regarding the service charge this is something you find all over Italy unless you are eating take away. We also have this written on every single page of our menu so it should not have been such a surpise to you. It is customary to find the service and cover charge included on your bill at restaurants all over Cinque Terre. It really bothers us when costumer act like we are ripping them off or snuck the cover charge into the bill when instead this is typical all over Italy and once again written VERY clearly on our menu. In any case thank you for your feedback and we really appreciate you taking your precious time to leave a review.
All the best,
Lorenzo

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Based off the recommendation of our tour guide and his confirming for me that they had gluten-free options, we got a table for lunch.

The service was not that great as we had to keep asking for things and for his attention throughout our meal. When I did ask if they had a non-seafood risotto (as seafood and fish are other food allergies of mine), our server annoyingly rolled his eyes and said, “No, this is a seafood restaurant.” I don’t have any tolerance for that kind of rudeness anywhere I travel since I was in a group with people who didn’t have allergies, so it wasn’t as if I chose this as a solo diner.

I ended up getting GF spaghetti with pesto, and it was yummy. My group also had delicious meals.

But I wouldn’t visit this place again just for the service quality alone since there are a ton more delicious places to choose from in Monterosso; it was the only place in all of Italy I visited with an attitude towards dietary restrictions.

1  Thank Chelsea L

Hello Chelsea L,

We are more than happy to cater to allergies especially since some of our waiters have allergies themselves and are usually understanding about these things.

Regarding your waiter responding so rudely we do apologize however this is a seafood restaurant so if you have an allergy to seafood we can understand why he was surprised you were dining with us.

We have many gluten free options including spaghetti, crackers, bread, and more.

We will use your review to better serve future customers with dietary restrictions.

Grazie mille,

Lorenzo

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I knew this restaurant already and we went for a quick lunch. The service was very good and fast and the food excellent (we had salad and grilled vegetables followed by "ravioli di pesce") and accompanied by two glasses of local wine. A place to recommend.