“Best place in Manarola to eat and relax”

Trattoria Dal Billy
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Manarola
Price range: US$14 - US$58
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A very nice place a little outside to find through a path, overlooking the sea and the town, situated in several terraces with plunged staircases. Nice reception, good wine and good Italian food by daily offered menus. The Carpaccio tuna was great and the trofie pasta con "beans" were great as well as the offered local wine Cinque Terre.
To recommand outside the always very crowded inner city.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,446)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our experience was at best average. The restaurant came highly recommended to us but sadly, we were disappointed. The staff was indifferent, the food was average (for example, we had better calamari earlier today at a take-away place in Vernazza ) and I got the feeling they capitalised on a captive market. I had the veale which was average and my partner had calamari and prawns. The prawns were not deveined. Both dishes arrived without any garnishing. Fish of the day could be had but minimum size of 500/600g which was too much and it was charged at charged 5 euros / 100g which made it excessive.
We were charged a service charge (coperto) of 5 euros which I disputed because the service was not worth it in my opinion. To the owner's credit, he did cancelled the coperto when I questioned it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious lunch at Trattoria dal Billy and would definitely go there again. It’s a bit of a walk up some steep slopes, but as you are above the roofs of Manorola and looking down at the sea, the walk is worth it.
We were there on a day that alternated between sunshine and showers but the Trattoria can be covered for the rain or opened up for sunshine, so the weather didn’t bother us at all.
We had amazing pasta and delicious local wines for lunch at a very reasonable price. The service was quick and extremely friendly, the bathroom was very clean and the views were stunning.
We didn’t book but were there as they opened. It is quite small, so if you can, I’d advise booking ahead.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Arrived about 7:30 after a long day of hiking and were seated within 15 minutes despite missing the 7 dinner time slot. Had the seafood appetizer, which I would fully recommend. It was about 12 different dishes with small tasters in each, all of which were excellent. The appetizer was very filling so the pasta main course, which was still very nice, paled in comparison. The panna cotta dessert is the best that I have ever had.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here quite last minute for lunch, it was delicious. Friendly service, beautiful view of the town and delicious pesto pasta. It was a lovely atmosphere with a homely feel and family/local pictures around the restaurant. If you're visiting Cinque terre, it's definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: November 2018