Corte del Gallo(Corniglia)
US$198
Affittacamere La Torre(Corniglia)(Great Value!)
US$126
TripAdvisor
Priceline
  • Restaurant
3 Passi Dal Mare(Corniglia)
TripAdvisor
B&B da Beppe(Corniglia)
Agoda.com
Arbanella(Corniglia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsher husbandbirds singingperfect place to stayrestaurants and barsfewer touristswatch the sunsetcinque terrenarrow streetscomfy bedthe ownertrain stationan amazing viewpaulosquarebalconytownscafe
Reviewed 5 June 2015

What a beautiful, little town ... and how lucky we were to find Sandra Villa Rooms! We drove into Corniglia and parked in the town's tiny piazza ... of course, everyone in town knows Sandra. Sandra and her sister Agnes came within minutes to meet us ... Sandra went one direction with the luggage and my wife, and Agnes took me to their private parking area (that can fit about four little cars like ours) about 100 yards up the road from the piazza. Via Feschi, the street on which our apartment is located, is a narrow, stone-paved pedestrian alley lined with a few shops and restaurants. Our apartment entrance was right on the alley, about 50 yards up from the piazza--an easy luggage roll. The apartment was fantastic--windows and balcony overlooking the town, the mountainside on which it's perched, the vineyards, the ocean, and Vernazza in the distance. The apartment was nicely furnished, extremely comfortable, with all the modern comforts, including wifi. The contemporary bathroom was spotless. Walking around town, you couldn't help but run into Sandra. She's wonderful! We really covered Cinque Terre, and I must say we picked well ... there's no better place to stay ... the TripAdvsor ratings were right on target. Sandra Villa Rooms gets our best grade.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AFJAG
Reviewed 7 May 2015

I booked at Sandra Villa entirely on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were also delighted with our room. It was in building 168 and had a great view of the ocean and the town. We stayed here on a busy weekend in May that turned out to be Italy's Labor Day weekend. The 5 towns were jammed with people. Corniglia is a quaint village and a great base area. We hiked among all the villages, but 3 of the 4 legs of the coastal trail were closed because of the rain. However, we hiked the "red" trails between the towns and got a lot more exercise!
Sandra speaks English --- the rooms are clean, with nice bathrooms with modern fixtures. The room prices are very good compared to similar rentals in the other 4 towns. I made my reservations thru e-mail. We arrived at noon and she had our room ready for us. The room was quiet except for the church bells (and short song) at 7:00 am. Still better than hearing trains all night like in other places. Also, free Wi-Fi.
The town is best reached by train. There is a shuttle bus from the train station which is way down the hill. The boats were not running when we were there because of the high waves.
If coming back, I would stay at Sandra Villa without hesitation (and stay 3 days instead of 2).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steveh3Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

This place was awesome. Corniglia is beautiful and this had the largest bathroom of any place we stayed in europe. Sweet little balcony to sip wine and watch the locals work the hillside vineyards. Beautiful!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2015

When we were brought to our room, we had a hard time believing it. It was simply that beautiful. From the large terrace with the breathtaking view, to the quaint little two story apartment with a well at the entrance, newly renovated and clean, yet with all the charm the Cinque Terre has to offer. The owners are super nice and accommodating as well.

All the amenities one could need, as well as privacy. Every time we think back to it, we are still in awe of how amazing it was, and hope to return someday. Do yourself a favor and have a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I they they have two rooms, choose the one with the bigger terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2014

I found Sandra's Villa here on Trip Advisor and read the reviews. The description sounded perfect for me--a quiet retreat yet right in the middle of the five towns, making it perfect for day trips in both directions. The apartment is beautiful, clean, well equipped and spacious. The locals were friendly, helpful and gracious. Only a few restaurant choices in the small town, but I enjoyed every meal. Sandra met me at the shuttle bus to get me settled in. Her English is excellent, and she was kind enough to return my emails to confirm all the details. I hope to return again next year!

Room Tip: The ground floor apartment has a huge private terrazzo, but has an excellent rustic view of the hillside and vineyards not the sea. Travel in this part of Italy WILL involve many stairs, at train stations, in towns, and to get to your rooms. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo