All reviews side street beautiful hotel boutique hotel the heart of the city within walking distance recommend this hotel alegria wardrobe conference luggage wines
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Our stay was really good at l'allegria. Rooms are cleaned, quiet and the modern decorations of the crazy architect who renovated them (I know the guy's work and style) make this stay even more pleasant. Staff is nice and helpful. There is also a good restaurant if you want to eat here. Very close to city center and piazza libertà.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

First of all, the hotel is in a great location, easily walkable to just about anything. But more importantly, the owners and staff are amazing. After unfortunately hurting my back, they not only facilitated a Dr to come to the hotel, but accommodated me for an extra night even though they were fully booked. The service and kindness were absolutely wonderful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The hotel is very nice.
It is very close to the center of Udine and it has a private covered parking (for additional costs)
My room (2nd floor) was big and very comfortable, I didn't hear any noise from the street
The bathroom was excellent (I really enjoyed the shower).
My room had enough space to store all my luggage and there was enough free space to walk around.
I had quite a good internet connection, but the signal was much stronger in the hotel lobby.
The breakfast is okay with a good variety of foods and drinks, but the place is quite small.
There is a restaurant connected with this hotel and it looked very good, but I didn't try it (I was visiting friends so we went around).

If you are going to Udine for work or pleasure I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This was our last hotel in a 2 week tour of northern Italy and to be honest, it was a bit of a disappointment. Our room was at the front of the old building overlooking the road, which being cobbled could be a bit noisy although there was not a lot of traffic. The lighting was pretty diffuse, and the room generally was not particularly inviting. The air conditioning was really noisy and not very effective; it was turned off centrally between midnight and 6am, which in a way was a bit of a relief! On arrival the welcome was fairly offhand, and did not encourage us to make any comments, but it is difficult to see what they could have changed unless we had been given another room : it may well be that the modern building behind the older block would have been better.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed in Hotel Allegria for one night this August.

Everything was as expected, including amazing (and quite empty) underground garage.
The friendly atmosphere was the additional bonus.

As requested, we were given the back side room, so silent.

But the poor air conditioning in our room spoiled our stay. The device did work, but was absolutely inefficient, just unable to decrease the temperature. When we were back at night after the dinner in the city, we thought, as the device was working, that it will take only a while to cool down the room. So we did not ask for another room, and then it was too late.... Oh well, we almost did not sleep this night as the room was probably about 30 degrees Celsius warm.
Maybe it was our bad luck, as I did not find any comments about poor aircon in other reviews, but it seems advisable to check the air conditioning upfront and react early to change the room.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple