“Must eat restaurant ”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This was by far the best Italian restaurant I have been to. It has the best service with the kindest people and the food was amazing. We ate pasta with clams with was delicious. We had apple strudel for dessert which was my favourite meal. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who goes to Italy.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I was lucky enough as when I had dinner there the menu was newly redesigned by the well regarded Michelin-starred chef Pier Bussetti. Every dish I had was really impressive - fresh ingredients, flavorful and well balanced tastes and some creative touches. Along with friendly yet unpretentious service and impeccable location right next to the port that enjoyed pleasant breeze from the sea, the experience was truly beyond my expectation. As a non Italian tourist, I was surprised to have much more great time in Trieste than in other bigger Italian cities. And I believe Al Granzo can take all the credits! It is a must for seafood lovers and seekers of authentic Italian dining experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Really fresh food, very gentle staff and good atmosphere. We're last clients, and didn't want to order deserts, but the owner made it us as a gifts. Perfect panna cotta!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

From the moment we sat down on the pavement outside this restaurant we knew we were in for something special . Walter , the waiter was keen to show off his fresh fish and we selected a Scallop Sea Food Platter as a starter. Had Red Snapper between the two of us and a Bottle of Pinot Blanco. Very friendly staff and the place was busy. A good sign

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

We went there as all our prior choices were either closed due to "Ferie" or full. The Restaurant is nicely located and you can sit outside on the terrasse. As my stomach was a bit hampered I was extra careful what to order. Hence I decided to start with a choice of antipasti from the Buffet. I was expecting to chose by myself what to pick from a variety of typical Italian antipasti. Naive. What I got was a plate full of cold shellfish of different types. Something I would never have ordered. Due to the very limited choice my wife decided to start with Prociutto - litterally a plate with a few tranches of ham. No decoration or anything. Quite boring but ok. As "secondi piati" we chose a Dorade baked in a crust of salt and grilled veggies. This course was delicious. Also, to watch the waiter separate the filet from the bones was impressive. For desert my wife ordered a Crème brûlée - which was pretty average. To conclude: food and service are ok but don't expect anything fancy.