“Simplicity, quality, top hospitality”
Review of Tavernetta al Molo

Tavernetta al Molo
Ranked #26 of 931 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had lunch here with my family and we were delighted from the amazing food and the warm hospitality.
Raw tuna, swordfish, sea bass and scampi. Fresh, simple fantastic flavours.
Scallops, soft polenta with cod fish and stew of cuttlefish.
The warm sauté vegetables with monkfish tail, amazing.
The best risotto seafood I have had in a long time.
Oven baked sea bass wild catch, served with roasted potatoes.
Bruno and his partner Matteo are always around to make sure you will get a great service with a personal touch.
We have asked for a white wine and Bruno has suggested another one instead, it was fantastic and something that I have never tried.
Nice setting on the seaside, cozy restaurant serving quality fish, cooked without covering the natural flavours.
Less is More.... and traditions never die.
This is the place to come and enjoy a nice Trieste style lunch or dinner.
We were so happy that we have booked a table for my father birthday next week.
Highly recommended.
I am a professional chef with 26 years of experience so I believe I know what I am talking about, just a little bit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Whenever I am in trieste I never miss a visit or more to the tavernetta al molo in grignano. The settings are just perfect for a romantic dinner but also for a business lunch or dinner. The food is simple but perfectly cooked using little or no fat...just the freshest fish the Adriatic sea can offer.
My absolute favorite this time was the fritto misto. With a good glass of friulano (local white wine) the perfect meal for a hot ,almost summer , day.
The direct sunset makes this small bay location a must to visit while in Trieste.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

They prohibited to sit on terrace and denied to open sunumbrella, but you can sit under the searing sun. Such a great kidness.

5  Thank MagZ37
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We had read about this restaurant in a magazine and were eager to try it on our way to Trieste on a beautiful, sunny day. On arrival at about 1:40 p.m., we were mesmerized by the setting and happy to see many empty tables on the patio. Imagine our surprise when we approached the waiter, who rudely told us "it was impossible" to serve us even though they're supposed to be open for lunch until 3. The owner then came over and rudely said the same thing. I can't say anything about the food, but there are so many good places to eat in Italy there's no need to bother with this one no matter how good the other reviews are. If I could have given a zero rating I would have - the one is for the setting.

4  Thank Mausi8960
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation for lunch at 2 pm. We ordered a starter, a fish for 2 people and wine. After finishing the main dish, I asked for coffee and dessert, but the lady told me, sorry we closed at 2.30 you have to go to a coffee shop. Wow! And nobody told us when we were ordering that we have to be in a hurry! We are traveling a lot through Italy, but we never saw that there was no time for an espresso-especially when you ordered a full lunch.
NEVER AGAIN!