All reviews the bus old town great location wifi worked well san marino large balcony every corner hundred meters small road wonderful city discounted parking turn right room was a bit small great room car park nice hotel breakfast was included
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We booked a triple room for one night. When I booked it stated that we would get a double bed and a single. In fact the single bed was a vinyl sofa which my daughter found very difficult to sleep on, as the sheets were sliding all over the place. Our double bed wasn't much better, as it had springs sticking through the mattress. In the evening the room was very stuffy and the air con didn't seem to be working. We checked at reception and were told it is controlled by reception, so we asked for it to be turned lower. An hour later and the temperature hadn't changed. During the night I woke up freezing cold and had to put some clothes over me.
The room was very small for 3 people, and the bathroom was dirty. The bath had been a spa, and the surrounds were black. The landing didn't have a light, and there was rubbish under the staircase. It says that there is a restaurant - it hasn't, and a bar, which is a shelf with drinks on, and a few stools.
The breakfast was fine, and the location and parking was good, but if they advertise a single bed it should be a bed, not a sofa, and they need to sort out the air-con.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel have good views.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Located a short walk from the old town. Restaurants, cafes and souvenir shops are located around the hotel.

The staff were nice but a bit reserved. They spoke good English and explained the situation with parking.

The hotel doesn't have on site parking and it was necessary to buy a parking voucher in the tobacconist for €4 valid for 24hours to enable parking in the public car park along the street.

The room was quite large and had a large balcony. The en-suite shower room was also large and modern with nice decor. However, the air conditioning was noisy but very effective. There was a lack of electrical sockets in the room with none next to the bed which made charging phones a bit inconvenient.

We paid €5 pp for breakfast. We found a good selection but they started to clear away 20 min before finishing time at 10am.

Overall a good hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Great views from the bedroom window. Lovely breakfast served by helpful, friendly staff. Super comfortable bed and just a great room.

The only thing I would have liked would have been tea and coffee making facilities in the room (ie just a kettle). I love to drink coffee.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottyheather
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Hotel Joli at San Marino is a small 3 star and very good hotel. Room size is moderate but clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is available.

Its location is excellent. After you get off the bus at the bus terminal, there is a lift nearby bringing you to the street one level up. The hotel is just steps away when you turn right (on the same side of the street). When you leave San Marino, you even don't have to bother to go back to the bus terminal. Just a few steps from the hotel (on the right side again) is the first stop of bus from terminal to Rimini. From hotel, it is easy to stroll around the whole city.

The reception staff are very friendly. Prior to my arrival, I contacted the hotel a couple of times through email. They were very responsive and answered your queries quickly. When my planned ferry to Dubrovnik next day suddenly cancelled, I was in a panic mode. The female receptionist on duty in that evening, helped me to book online for air flight to Croatia and hence I could continue my originally planned itinerary. Really Really Appreciated.

Frequency of bus from Rimini to San Marino were moderate (about four times daily when I visited in October); definitely not just one bus daily. There are more frequent buss in Summer. When step out the Rimini train station, turn right and walk about 100 meters. You will see a line of bus stops across street. Sign of bus to San Marino may not posted. But it is the last stop of the line. Or confirm with the locals, they will tell you.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Stumbled upon this hotel by accident as we were driving up the small road to the top of San Marino ....but WOW! What an experience!!! The ladies at the front desk (Alexia and Beatrice) were extremely courteous, very helpful and most friendly. Had it not been for them we most likely would have not stayed here. BUT we are so glad we did! The place was very clean and very conveniently located to facilitate a walking tour of San Marino (a MUST do if you are any where near central Italy)! The view from our room was absolutely breath taking!!! When we opened the window, the view of the mountain tops, hills, villages, and on and on was absolutely beyond description! To be fair, we have now viewed the hotel's website ... it is nice but does not come close to describing just how wonderful this place is.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains and hills below.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple