All reviews great location san marino one night italian countryside very nice hotel old town gelateria upgraded room nice breakfast the staff were friendly and helpful first floor breakfast selection the air conditioning lovely room beautiful view would definitely stay here again breakfast was included
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Staff all very friendly. Our room on the 3rd floor with a magnificient view.
On the 3rd floor is also an outdoor jacuzzi pool and some chairs which we used during our sunny stay. My car was parked in and returned to me in by a hotel person in the hotel garage.
The Grand hotel interiour is a little older but everything Is clean and the bed was good.
Breakfast is good according to European standard.
Grand marino hotel is because of location, panoramic view and services a good 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GHSM-Group, Direttore at Grand Hotel San Marino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for your positive comments.
Daniel

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Grand Hotel for the purpose of the Misano Moto GP.
We absolutely loved the hotel and the area. All of the staff were fabulous and courteous. The room was very comfortable although lacks in any tea or coffee making facilities.
The quality in the food was exceptional and we strongly recommend the carpaccio sword fish for starter.
The local area is stunning and we had fun exploring the castle grounds.
We will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel. The hotel arranged for us parking in front of the hotel. The Receptionist, Valerio did a wonderful job explaining to us where we could go and was always helpful. Very good breakfast and comfortable room with everything you can ever need.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We have just stayed 2 nights at the hotel and the hotel itself is really nice and comfortable.

Our room was with a balcony with view over San Marino and the mountains, which is clearly recommended.

Unfortunately, the service does not live up to the rest of the hotel.

Upon check in we are kindly welcomed and our car was driven to the garage. When we got to our room we got served a welcome drink with some cakes. Everything was really fine, until the last morning, where we chose to use their offer by filling out a form and hanging it on the door, so that we could have breakfast served in the room (for a small fee). The form was hanged on the door about four in the afternoon the day before and we had chosen to have our breakfast served in the room between 07:15 - 07:30, as we had to drive from San Marino at 08:00 to keep our schedule. As the food had not arrived at 07:45 am I'm annoyed and go to their website to check if there was anything relevant about this but no, instead I found out that by booking a deluxe room, we should have had fresh fruit in the room every day (we have not got it, not even once) and we had access to a spa (I did not know they had a spa because we have not been informed about it).

At 8 o'clock our breakfast had still not arrived and we could'nt wait any longer so we had to check out without eating. Upon check-out, I complain about the lack of breakfast and the receptionist apologizes right away and we end up getting a 10% discount on our stay, which of course is fine enough, but I'd rather have things in order.

So it can be summarized:

Advantage:

- Good and clean rooms

- Really good location

- Good parking service

- Fantastic view from deluxe rooms

Disadvantages:

- The service and information are under all criticism

- Rooms ain't soundproof

- Really bad wifi

- Aircon is very old and makes a lot of noise - does not seem to work properly.

Had the service been alright, the other things could have been ignored and the hotel would be fantastic - but service and information is essentially why the hotel only can be recommended if you make sure that the hotel provides the things that follow with the room and if you don't expect any service.

NB. None of the staff were rude or similar, they were all smiling.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GHSM-Group, Direttore at Grand Hotel San Marino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Daniel,

first of all allow me to thank you for your patronage and forward you my apologies for having failed in delivering the correct service.
However, I hope you've enjoyed the fresh orange juices and home made cookies we've delivered in your room upon your arrival.
Thank you for letting me know your remarks and best regards,
Daniel Terranova - General Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Breakfast is amazing and all the staff make you feel very special.
The room was very clean and the shower had a great strong water flow.
The bedsheets were super quality and super clean. Thank you!
Would definately come again and have dinner in your restaurant

Room Tip: all rooms are well positioned
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
GHSM-Group, Direttore at Grand Hotel San Marino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

On behalf of all members of my staff, wish to thank you for your patronage and for the positive review.
Best regards,