“Fantastic lunch”

Ranked #24 of 711 Restaurants in Parma
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

A bit hidden in a small alley. Very nice and cosy place. Friendly stuff. The house wine was great. We had anti pasti, pasta and a meat dish. All great! I'll be back!

1  Thank JohnBNed

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I have visited the Antica Osteria della Ghiaia this week with my partner from England, needless to say that the food was superb, the Prosciutto di Parma was mouth watering which was served with...tasche... if I recall correctly which were delicious (I am Italian myself only 1.5 hour from Parma and I had never tried them!!!).

We had an amazing risotto with Asparagus and another variant of ham which is hard to find outside their region, it was great!

We walked it however the place is quite small so I would suggest to book, also the owner is extremely nice, she helped us out with the tourists information centre as we wanted to visit parma ham and parmesan producers (ensure you book this well in advance...).

If you are in Parma and want some great food without necessary spending a fortune go for it!

1  Thank Sandroplug
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Try this restaurant after we saw all the good reviews. It didn't disappoint us,the food was rustic and local.The only waitress and probably also the owner was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Small family run place serving traditional food from the Tuscany region. For starters we had the soup and the home made ravioli filled with guanciale which were the speciality of the say. The ravioli were extremely tasty and should be a permanent choice on the menu. For mains we had beef cheeks which were also perfectly cooked. No tourists around, place was full of locals which was definitely a good sign.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We had lunch and the food was excellent. Simple food made from local ingredients. Clearly the staff were proud of their produce and were very helpful and friendly in their service. Would recommend for a casual meal.