All reviews nice hotel pasta airport car facilities
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel clean small rooms,you have got to have a car as it's in the middle of nowhere restaurant very disappointing fancy Italian food poor menu,I did not get my first coarse the waiter said he did not understand me yet we got wine and main
Not a place to stay to see Parma and get proper Italian food

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I really like the architecure of this building. Large clean rooms. Handy to have a good restaurant in the hotel as there are no restaurants nearby. A pity you cannot reach the city by public transportation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Parma. Here are the three reasons you should not stay here. First, the name of the hotel implies it's "in the city." But that not true, the hotel is remote, near the airport and requires either driving or taking a taxi to visit the city itself. Second, while the outside of the hotel and the common areas are quite nice, unique and modern the rooms themselves are very basic and rather small. Third and most important the shower itself is dangerous and unsafe and I do not believe would meet US safety standards. You see the shower has a tile half step up area and then the shower area itself which you end up stepping slightly down into to take your shower. The shower pan itself is quite slippery and when entering the shower I slipped and fell backward hitting my head and and cutting my elbow. As the day day went on my elbow became swollen to about the size of a golf ball so I ended up icing it for much of that afternoon and evening. It's a few days later and my elbow is still significantly swollen.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardR9
Reviewed 30 April 2017

The hotel is right beside the airport in the middle of the countryside outside Parma, and although not difficult to reach by car, there is nothing at all to do nearby; thus if one does not want to eat in the restaurant a car journey is necessary. The room we had was adequate but small, and not much was offered in the way of toiletries. There was a mini bar, but no facilities for making tea or coffee. The beds were comfortable and the shower good. The restaurant provided very good food indeed, and the wine reasonably priced, but the service was achingly slow. Breakfast could only have been described as adequate again, with nice croissants, but a meagre display of cold meats and cheese and a very limited offering of fresh fruit. The fruit juices were all canned. We had to take a taxi into Parma since the hotel does not offer a shuttle. We discovered later that the local bus service stopped at the airport which was about half a kilometre from the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms seem more or less the same all over and none have stunning views.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Close to exit very nice clean modern no nonense hotel, breakfast could be better but you get all you need. Very nice people at the reception! Good and safe parking (free) i come back every time here on my way to the south

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple