“Above and Beyond”

and up
Bologna Food Tour from a local perspective
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a walking guided food tour in the city center of Bologna. You will discover the real essence of Bologna, the food, through several degustations of typical products in the best places of Bologna.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This food tour was beyond amazing. Our tour group consisted of myself, husband and Mattia. From start to finish I couldn't have asked for a more fulfilling tour than this. Not only did we stop at amazing food places but he also gives you the history of major sights in Bologna. Such an interesting and beautiful city.

1  Thank Kamelei Onalani P
DeliciousBologna, Proprietario at Delicious Bologna - Bologna Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thanks for the great feedback!!

I'm pleased you enjoyed my food tour and you loved Bologna. This city is too much underrated, and fortunately not crowded but we have a lot to offer and our tour allows people to experience the authentic Bologna!!

See you soon Ciao

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Fantastic food walking tour. Great choice of places to visit and also taking in some of the major sights of Bologna. The food was amazing and Mattia was a brilliant and knowledgeable guide - I learned loads of stuff I didn't know about Italian food and the different culinary specialties and regions. I thoroughly recommend this tour!

DeliciousBologna, Proprietario at Delicious Bologna - Bologna Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thanks for the great review!!

My food tour is a good way to discover the regional gastronomy and also some legends of Bologna that all visitors must to know ;)
I'm pleased you learned many things about italian food with me!

A presto

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

What a brilliant time we had with Mattia on his tour of this amazing city. We could not have asked for a better experience, or a more convivial guide. He says at the start this is a food tour, not a cultural tour, but it's both. Mattia's knowledge of the city and it's food is extensive, so I think he sells himself a little short there. I'm a frequent visitor to Italy, but had never been to Emilia Romagna, and this tour was the perfect introduction to Bologna and the gastronomy of the region. We would never have found all these amazing places on our own. I learnt so much and loved every minute of it. Mattia also gave us fantastic recommendations for the best places to eat and drink - we didn't have time to try them all on this trip, so I can't wait to return to Bologna to try the rest. And I'm definitely going to do the pasta making class with the lovely ladies, 'le sfogline'. Don't hesitate to book a tour with Delicious Bologna - you will be so glad you did. Buon appetito!

1  Thank Marie A

Thanks Marie for such a great feedback!!
I do my best to welcome tourists in Bologna and show them the best food excellences that Emilia Romagna can offer. Of course I don't take people in tourist places, I try to promote some small run famiy shops where the quality of food is high!!
See you next time in Bologna as I think you loved it ;)

Ciao

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I did a delightful 4 – 5 hour walking tour with Mattia from Delicious Bologna and I can highly recommend doing this if you visit the area. He is a local food expert that takes you on a walk around the city center stopping at 6 different places to sample food that the area is famous for. You also get to visit a small pasta factory that wouldn’t be open to visitors otherwise. It’s a brilliant way to sample so much in such a short space of time especially if you are traveling on your own.

1  Thank SamanthaLinsell

Thanks a lot Sam for your great review!!
It was nice to meet you, I'm happy you enjoyed my food tour. Good luck with your project!!

A presto Ciao

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I would like to thank and highly recommend this food tour run by Mattia Tozzoli. We had an amazing day going around Bologna’s markets, food shops and the highlight seeing the pasta being made. I would recommend doing this on your first day in this amazing city, Mattia will show you round, point out places of interest and most importantly where to eat and buy produce. This was a highlight of our city break.
Do not miss out on this wonderful tour.

1  Thank KpgMelbourne
DeliciousBologna, Proprietario at Delicious Bologna - Bologna Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thanks Kevin for the great feedback!
I'm glad you loved Bologna and my food tour, it's important to know about all the products that our region can offer, what's better than discover it with a local?! ;)

Grazie