“An experience I will always remember ”

Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina (1996) Authentic Bolognese school in the heart of the city offering amateur and professional chef training courses. Our teachers are not only good Chefs but also excellent cookery teachers. We are a centre of excellence for aspiring chefs wanting to learn cooking both professionally or solely as an interest! We teach professional cooking techniques enabling students to learn and improve their culinary skills in the kitchen. Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening and Weekend: Join our fun cooking sessions and enjoy the food prepared with wine or our wine tasting evenings with a professional sommelier. Amateur technical or theme-based courses for 1 or more weeks. Professional chef programmes : Foundation, intensive, pastry chef or lessons + restaurant placement courses available. Cooking Amateur/Professional: 45 EUR/person (11-15 people class); Amateur courses 1 week 390 EUR/person (3-6 persons); Professional foundation 1 week: 525 EUR/person (3-6 people class). We can also arrange accommodation in private flats or with Italian families near the school.
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

My wife (Katie) and I (Sean), had a two to one session here yesterday .

We attempted to get on a normal group booking but this was full so we opted to pay for private lessons as we felt we'd regret going to Italy and not learning how to make proper pasta and Ragu!

It is located in the student / university district around a 10 minute walk from Piazza Maggiore. On arrival we were greeted and presented with an apron and chefs hat (wearing the hat was optional!)

The kitchens are clean and well prepped so that you can get straight on with learning and cooking.

The chef who taught us was extremely patient and knowledgeable.

He guided us through all the steps and answered all our questions .

Throughout the three hour lesson we were taught to make a range of pasta which could be combined in a variety of ways .

It was extremely good fun and the chef was very relaxed and warming towards us. He spoke the English language well and attempted to teach us some Italian.

This I must say, was one of, if not our best experience of Bologna!

I would definitely recommend!!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"kitchen"
"teacher"

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed watching Chef Davide show us how to make pasta, and then took great satisfaction from making it in a team with another student. Chef had us make three dishes, each with meat, but there are vegetarian choices other nights. Lessons are in Italian. Food was delicious, but we ate rather late.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

When Bologna was in the itinerary; this was a must do for me as I love cooking and especially Italian cuisine. I booked via the Bologna Welcome and was able to get a class on that night for 60 euro/3 hours. As it turned out the class on that night was spoken mainly in Italian, a bonus! The chef was superb and very attentive to the 6 of us in the class, as we shared tasks and kept busy. We made chickpea crepes with ricotta, asparagus and mint; Eggplant Parmigiana and chocolate cheesecake with a wicked sauce. When the food was ready we all sat down and out our creations with generous servings of wine. A bonus was the chef invited my husband, who doesn't cook, to join us for the meal, Grazie

Cultura-Italiana, Responsabile reception at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed the class and the food and we hope you learnt useful techniques to use in your kitchen!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We didn't book this direct. A bike tour group we joined booked it for us. I love to cook and was pleased to see it on the agenda. I expected to sit back and watch but they made us work. We made tortolloni from start to finish. I was impressed and it was even good. This seems to be a prof school but I guess they take some tourist too. If you have a chance, it's a great way to spend 3 hours in Bologna. Really good time.

Thank you very much for your review, we are always very grateful when we read comments like yours. We're glad you had fun and enjoyed the lesson!