“What a big surprise. GO!”

Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina (1996) Authentic Bolognese school in the heart of the city offering amateur and professional chef training courses. Our teachers are not only good Chefs but also excellent cookery teachers. We are a centre of excellence for aspiring chefs wanting to learn cooking both professionally or solely as an interest! We teach professional cooking techniques enabling students to learn and improve their culinary skills in the kitchen. Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening and Weekend: Join our fun cooking sessions and enjoy the food prepared with wine or our wine tasting evenings with a professional sommelier. Amateur technical or theme-based courses for 1 or more weeks. Professional chef programmes : Foundation, intensive, pastry chef or lessons + restaurant placement courses available. Cooking Amateur/Professional: 45 EUR/person (11-15 people class); Amateur courses 1 week 390 EUR/person (3-6 persons); Professional foundation 1 week: 525 EUR/person (3-6 people class). We can also arrange accommodation in private flats or with Italian families near the school.
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We didn't book this direct. A bike tour group we joined booked it for us. I love to cook and was pleased to see it on the agenda. I expected to sit back and watch but they made us work. We made tortolloni from start to finish. I was impressed and it was even good. This seems to be a prof school but I guess they take some tourist too. If you have a chance, it's a great way to spend 3 hours in Bologna. Really good time.

Cultura-Italiana, Responsabile reception at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you very much for your review, we are always very grateful when we read comments like yours. We're glad you had fun and enjoyed the lesson!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"kitchen"
"teacher"

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I immensely enjoyed our cooking class with Luigi (our chef). Organising the course was very straightforward with flawless English being used. On the night, Luigi was extremely fun and helpful and gave us a fantastic insight into Italian cuisine and culture. Our Italian is very limited but Luigi explained everything clearly in English while also developing our Italian vocabulary. We really enjoyed getting to know the rest of the group of 7. We can't wait to try out what we have learned.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

At the last moment decided to do a cooking workshop in bologna and ended up here. Looking back I really was more than happy to have ended up here. Luigi really learned me a lot what I was doing wrong/ struggling with at home. This only in three hours. Compared to other workshops I have done, the lessons learned here really stick with me and really helped me to bring my cooking at home to a higher level.

Reviewed 29 January 2016

We had a small group of 4 people, and Davide, who is a professional Italian chef, led the class for about 3.5 hours. We met at 9.00 in Via Castiglione and walked to Mercato delle Erbe to source some of the ingredients.

Davide is very friendly and knowledgable and we really understood the art of pasta making. We helped prepare broth from scratch, which was to be used in the Ragu alla Bolognese (Bolognese sauce). Then we made Ragu, followed by Tortelloni filled with Ricotta. We also made Tagliatelle. We used both the pasta machine and we also did some by hand to see the different methods!

Lastly, we made panna cotta, and then we all ate our dishes, with a glass of wine at the end of the class - perfect finish to the course!
The kitchen is a professional kitchen, easy to work with and we learnt traditional Italian dishes. I booked through the tourist office at Bologna Welcome (only the day beforehand), and it was very, very reasonably priced at 89 Euros - especially compared to some other cooking classes I found online. We received a copy of all the recipes as well.
I would thoroughly recommend this course!!!

1  Thank Serraserra1