“interesting courses”

Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina (1996) Authentic Bolognese school in the heart of the city offering amateur and professional chef training courses. Our teachers are not only good Chefs but also excellent cookery teachers. We are a centre of excellence for aspiring chefs wanting to learn cooking both professionally or solely as an interest! We teach professional cooking techniques enabling students to learn and improve their culinary skills in the kitchen. Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening and Weekend: Join our fun cooking sessions and enjoy the food prepared with wine or our wine tasting evenings with a professional sommelier. Amateur technical or theme-based courses for 1 or more weeks. Professional chef programmes : Foundation, intensive, pastry chef or lessons + restaurant placement courses available. Cooking Amateur/Professional: 45 EUR/person (11-15 people class); Amateur courses 1 week 390 EUR/person (3-6 persons); Professional foundation 1 week: 525 EUR/person (3-6 people class). We can also arrange accommodation in private flats or with Italian families near the school.
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I enrolled the lessons during my few days in Bologna. The chef is very helpful for inexperienced students like me. The food was great and many participants from all around the world(I'm Taiwanese). The atmosphere in the class was funny and warm as well. I would recommend it!

Cultura-Italiana-BC, Owner at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Thank you from our hearts for your kind compliments. We are very glad that you enjoyed your lessons with us! We hope you will come and visit us again!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"kitchen"
"teacher"

Reviewed 16 June 2015

I had the pleasure to be a student recently. It was very good fun, detailed explanation, real work "hands on", and the result was incredibly tasteful!

Cultura-Italiana-BC, Owner at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Buongiorno Marcelo! Thank you so much for writing about us. It was a pleasure having you at our school. We are very glad that you enjoyed the class and we hope you will continue making the recipes learnt, at home ! A big hello from all of us here!

Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

My husband and I both enjoy cooking so when in Bologna, it seemed only right to do a cooking class!
We were recommened to this school via the information centre & were very pleased with this. I am not sure what more you could ask for in a class.
The 3 course afternoon was perfect in teaching us how to make fabulous pasta and sauces that I am confident we can replicate at home.
The class size was small and well instructed.
Thanks to Davide for being a great teacher!

Cultura-Italiana-BC, Owner at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

We are very glad you enjoyed the afternoon with our Davide and we hope you have been recreating these dishes at home! Thank you for submitting in your feedback and we hope you'll return to see us again and recommend us to your friends! Grazie !

Reviewed 17 February 2015

How are you there in Italy? I miss Cultura Italiana cooking school, I'll definitely enroll again when i get back in Italy because you're one of the best cooking school in Bologna!
Please give my regards to the best teacher in cooking Mario Scalera! :-)

Cultura-Italiana-BC, Owner at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

Hello there! We are very happy that you enjoyed your cooking lessons with us and that we are still in your thoughts! All our chefs send their very best wishes to you!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2014

I went to Bologna almost 2 years ago with my husband for a week. He had to work and I went to a full five days of the cooking course (plus an additional day of wine/appetizer appreciation) through Cultura Italiana Bologna. Each day, there were only one to three other students in the class. One student was there each night as she was in a year long course; every other night there were a variety of students/chefs. We cooked many amazing dishes and I learned to make several types of fresh handmade pasta along with amazing antipastis, secondos and desserts. I had the choice to ask to learn specific dishes, but just followed along with the menu of the day. All but one of the instructors spoke very good English, but, as I understand some Italian, it went very smoothly. My husband says all of the time that my cooking skills have increased exponentially since I took this course. I enjoyed every minute of it and if I return to Bologna, I will go again.

Cultura-Italiana-BC, Owner at Cultura Italiana Bologna Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Hello Beth, we are honoured to still be in your thoughts. It is always a pleasure receiving students' requests for specific dishes as it allows our chefs to share their 'tricks of the trade' in creating those delicious dishes. Our classes are in Italian but if a student wishes to have an English translator present at all times, they should speak to us about how it can be arranged. We have students coming from all over the world; some of them speak minimal or no Italian at all.
We are however pleased that the course went smoothly for you and it has equipped you with new culinary skills you can be proud of. Our warmest regards and we hope to see you again in Bologna.