3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$263
TravelocityUS$263
travelup.comUS$289
1,298 results
All reviews d oro lovely hotel perfect location deluxe room lounge area side street centrally located hotel centre of bologna main attractions quiet street few minutes walk within easy walking distance bars and restaurants city foodie garage meats
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2021

We had a lovely stay at Corona d‘Oro. Everything was pretty, clean and comfortable. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating - we will definitely return!
The location is perfect, too

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michele Piazzolla, Direttore generale at Hotel Corona d'Oro 1890, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Dear Max,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share you experience with our future guests.
Your feedback is very important for us and we are very glad to hear that you had a lovely stay.
We will keep working hard and will be looking forward to welcoming you here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Worst experience into a 4 stars hotel. To avoid.

I arrived by car and needed to drive the car to the garage far away with the Valet…strange..
Then, for 180€, I had a small room with view on the back of a restaurant at the first floor.
The room is made of fake gold with a weird old music stereo in the bathroom similar to motel in the 80’.
Finally, the climatisation was too cold and couldn’t be fix at 24’. I asked to change the room and they didn’t propose anything else…

On top of everything, while I have chosen this hotel because it was central with « a PARKING » like in my two previous hotel on my trip, it was actually 35€ plus 5€ of taxes. They didn’t mention it when I parked the car at 7 pm and only noticed it when I wanted back at 9am the next day. The public parking costs 20€ max, so it was absolutely expensive and didn’t mention it clearly before. I stayed at Castelfalfi Palace the night before and didn’t have to pay the parking. Same thing for Sesta Terra resort.

The 45-50 years lady at the reception was agressive, didn’t have any commercial mindset. She shooted at me couple of times and just wanted to get paid.

I had the chance to travel all around the world and I never experience this kind of servicing….

To avoid !

Room tip: The parking is very expensive Don’t think the reception can be helpful Take a coat to sleep
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michele Piazzolla, Direttore generale at Hotel Corona d'Oro 1890, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Dear Achille,
we are sorry to have understood only later that the cost of the garage (however mentioned everywhere) and of the city taxes have triggered a similar reaction. We are sorry to have offended your sensibility, but I believe that the video-monitored garage is paid in many cities around the world.

My best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

We loved staying here. The atmosphere is gorgeous, rooms are beautifully decorated and so is the rest of the hotel. Comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The hotel has a great location and the staff was very friendly. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: We parked a 5 minute walk away from the hotel in parkinggarage named Alfonso V||| (€20,70) this was cheaper then the hotel which charges €40

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review and for choosing our hotel for your trip to Bologna.
We are glad that you loved your stay, our guests’ experience is very important for us and your feedback is very helpful and rewarding.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel has really everything you could possibly want in a hotel. It is beautifully decorated and thoroughly equipped to meet your needs. It is perfectly situated, with restaurants,/bars just feet away. My only regret is that I only stayed one night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Michele Piazzolla, Direttore generale at Hotel Corona d'Oro 1890, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear Tes,
Thank you very much for you kind review and for choosing us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed staying in our hotel for your short trip to Bologna.
I hope that there will be a future occasion for you to visit us again, hopefully for more than one night.

Reviewed 31 October 2020

During our stay in Bologna all cafes, bars and restaurants had to close at 6pm so
Bologna became very quiet. The hotel is surrounded by cafes and bars all
closed, so the hotel, in addition to the food provided ,made arrangements with a local trattoria to give us an additional choice of food. We stayed for a week and loved every minute. In the end as restrictions became more severe we had breakfast served in our room. The staff were fantastic. The reception was great at booking things and giving information which was as well because our travel company which was supposed to be special were notably absent for our entire visit. In fact the reception and the evening bar were outstanding

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank Katharine186300
Michele Piazzolla, Direttore generale at Hotel Corona d'Oro 1890, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Dear Katharine,
Thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us.
We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and managed to visit the city despite the restrictions.
It was a pleasure for us having you here at Corona D’Oro and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.
A big thank you from all the staff.
Our best regards