“Carmelita's Bolonga.. very special”
Review of Cook Italy

Cook Italy
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1999 offering Market-to-Table day class, half day classes, 3 night courses. As my classes are for very small numbers they fill up quickly and the first months to fill are April/May and September/October so plan ahead! I offer home cooking in a well air-conditioned home kitchen making updated, well plated, traditional Italian meals and my apartment is right in the heart of the historic city. Beginners, experienced cooks, professional chefs, families with children all welcome! I do my utmost to give you a memorable day and a great culinary experience and teach all the classes personally. And if you or your travelling partner/s don't fancy cooking, I offer a morning market food tour ending in a light lunch to introduce you to Bologna, its history and its food. And an unusual evening tour too, just email to ask!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Carmelita is a wonderful host - As she walks you through the Bolonga markets she freely shares so much information about the different stalls and providers; so much context and history, it makes for a great start to the day. The food preparation is perfectly tuned to your interests and level of skill. Carmelita makes you feel very welcome and has lots of information about restaurants, places to purchase wonderful food / cooking utensils and other things to do and see in Bolonga. This was our first time making pasta - we ended up buying the same pasta machine and now we can't stop! Really worth taking time to learn, cook and eat with Carmelita it made the Bolonga adventure that extra bit special.

1  Thank Spitfire67

Reviewed 6 December 2017

A very big thank you to Carmelita for making my birthday a very special one ❤️ I had the most wonderful time exploring the markets, choosing truly fresh tasty ingredients and a superb bottle of local vino (along with several nibbles on route ) preparing and cooking a delicious lunch I will never forget! With the help of this lovely lady, you are an amazing cook Carmelita and I only hope that with you guidance and advice I will eventually perfect your receipe for the best tagliatelle in Italy!

Please do not visit Bologna without having the best Italian culinary experience of your life!

Thank you Carmelita . X

1  Thank harris0nkaren
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Very prompt Carmelita is. A great story teller about Bologna and parts of its food history and the love for true pasta that makes this region #1 for foodies. Simply put- you can either stand around and watch ( no thank you) or jump in and enjoy the experience like my wife and myself did. We had FUN walking thru the central market picking out the items for our dishes, tasting delicious things along the way and all the while having conversation with a very knowledgeable Carmelita. Furthermore, a true 3 course Bolognese lunch or early supper will be an experience we will remember. The secret is in the sauce - and Carmelita showed us why. Thank you Carmelita. Your humility over your abilities makes you shine as a wonderful person especially in the kitchen.

1  Thank XciteAdvertising
Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I recently enjoyed our Cook Italy day with Carmelita. She learned English in British schools as a child growing up in Malta. She is extremely knowledgeable, and is a very good listener. We had told her some dishes we wanted to make, using ingredients we could get at home, and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed visiting her favorite shops in the market, learning about the local products and her shopping tips. We then went to her kitchen, and spent the rest of the day learning and cooking. Carmelita is very serious about teaching, but the experience was both educational, and very enjoyable. We particularly enjoyed chatting and getting to know her better while eating our creations and having a couple glasses of wine at the end of the day. She also proved herself to be a very honest person------- when it came time to pay our balance, I mistakenly proffered more than what was owed, and she immediately returned the excess, pointing out my mistake. She also followed up by sending us some pictures she had taken, so we could remember our delicious creations, and our memorable day in Bologna.

2  Thank tinsleypoo
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The was the most authentic wonderful day on our two week adventure in Italy. It was beyond perfect, more than one could imagine and great for all ages. Carmelita is so lovely and we had ages 24-84 join in the fun afternoon. Every part from the market tour, tasting, wealth of knowledge and amazing cooking class to sitting in her home and eating the four course meal was five star! My mom(80), dad(84) and aunt(76) all loved Carmelita, While my husband(56) was in heaven cooking in an Italian kitchen, my 24 year old son and girlfriend has an amazing time too. Carmelita is a special person, great chef ! Please book your day with her if you visit Bologna! It was a priceless day filled with memories for a lifetime! Can't wait to share the recipes back home in California with extended family! Each person on the trip sad it was their favorite experience of the trip!

1  Thank Kristine S