“Incredibly wonderful tour!”

US$294.77*
Two Ferrari Museums Modena and Maranello, Balsamic Vinegar and Gourmet Lunch
Ranked #1 of 33 Food & Drink in Bologna
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Days Food Experience daily FOOD TOURS. Parmigiano Reggiano factory, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Organic Winery, Gourmet Lunch 8 courses planed on the Hills of Bologna with fantastic view on the valley..Wine Tours, Truffle Hunting,Car Museums Tour Lamborghini Ferrari Pagani
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is a must tour with Alessandro. We read the reviews and decided to go with such positive reviews. We had a terrific day, learning and eating! Just can't beat this one! The whole experience will be a wonderful memory that we will be sharing with friends all over the world. The driver was prompt, courteous, thoughtful, and very careful on the roads. He even helped on the serving. Yes, the lunch was a foodies' delight.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We took the Parmigiano Reggiano, Balsamico and Modena Ham tour with Alessandro, an excellent guide, full of Italian charm. He is very passionate about food, and he really seems to love what he does.

The whole tour was excellent, but the highlights for me were without a doubt the Balsamico producer and the lunch. To be honest, I did believe I had tasted excellent Balsamicos before, but I quickly learned that just wasn't true. The culinary experience I had when tasting different Balsamicos is one I will never forget.

The lunch, oh, I get happy just by thinking of it, was spectacular. We tried so many different pastas, food and wine, so I thought I'd never eat again.

I highly recommend this tour, especially for foodies, but also for mostly everyone. The best would probably be to go on this tour as soon as you can after arriving Bologna, this will help you to maximize food and drink experiences for the rest of your stay. You really get value for your money. You also leave Alessandro, with tips on how to spend the rest of your time in Bologna. And with lots of new knowledge, that for the rest of your life will help you to pick out better products than most when buying food.

To think of: Even if it's warm outside, some of the factories are not on the inside. Bring an extra sweater, and I believe that a pair of pants, for that reason is better then a skirt/shorts. It is such an amazing experience, you don't want to ruin it be freezing. Make sure to have some room in your suitcase when you go on this trip, I bought so much food (what a bargain). I had to buy a new one.

11  Thank Karin79_Stockholm
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We went on this tour having seen the excellent reviews in Tripadvisor and am so glad that we did! What a great day, with great people and great food! LOTS of great food! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone that would class themselves as a "foodie" but beware anyone that is on a diet... they feed you the most amazing pasta with extra cheese and some great wines! Certainly a day I will never forget! Thank you to Alessandro and Barbara for a passionate, informative and fun day. D.O.P rules!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

The morning of, Alessandro picked us up early in the morning at our hotel in Bologna. We rode in a luxury mini van to our first destination, a Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Factory, then we went for Balsamic vinegar, then we went to a factory to see how parma ham was made. After "sampling" and drinking we went out for a traditional Italian feast (so much fantastic food and drink). I dont think I have ever ate anything better. At the end of the day my husband and I waddled off the mini van with great memories and new friends (in fact, I still communicate with a few of them and Alessandro). You truly get your money's worth and then some out of this trip.

Alessandro was friendly, engaging, knowledgable and so much fun! When you go, bring a light jacket as it was a bit chilly, a camera, and wear loose clothing!

3  Thank AandDinItaly
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I went to Bologna specifically to join this tour and I was totally glad I did! Every stop we made (parmigiano-reggiano cheese factory, aceto balsamico traditionale di Modena, prosciutto factory) was a treat not only because of what we saw, smelled and tasted but also because Alessandro made sure we understood the painstaking process of making sure each product was of the best quality. Then the "light" lunch at the beautiful hillside trattoria was a delicious feast I won't soon forget. Alessandro, thanks for your exuberance in taking us on this wonderful trip and sharing with us your extensive knowledge on the processes. Barbara, thanks for your friendly emails in coordinating my trip. I highly recommend that anyone visiting Italy should make a stop in Bologna to join this tour!

3  Thank R T J