US$258
US$68
B&B.it
TripAdvisor
1,131 results
All reviewshill overlookingcity centrehot scrambled eggsa bit tiredgreat viewovernight stopother hotelsport viewcomfortable hotelenjoyable staybuffet breakfastyogurtsurrounding areatubceciliasoaphairdryer
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This was my second visit and not my last, this is a well run Hotel with an excellent restaurant and refreshingly cheer full and efficient staff , it is ideal if your travels involve Ferries, being just overlooking the Port which also offers a superb sea view, also if you are a History buff the area is full of remarkable historic buildings and also still existing Roman architecturally interesting gems. A very pleasant stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Gabriele P, Direttore at NH Ancona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Steve,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing again our Nh Ancona as well as for taking time to share your positive Nh Guest Experience.
I’m glad you really appreciated our restaurant. Our menu offers a good choice between typical regional and Italian dishes, prepared with accuracy and passion by our chef, Raffaele, using high-quality and homemade products.
Our strategic position, as you highlighted, is ideal for our Guests, who needs to travel by ferry for Greece and Croatia; the port is just 500 meters far from our hotel and it gives you the possibility to easily visit the city and its historical monuments, as it is just ten minutes far from the down town, the historical center and the ancient port.
Our professional and kind Staff is always at your disposal to quickly meet your needs and requests, in order to make you live a pleasant and unforgettable experience and to make you feel cuddled and special for your entire stay.
Thank you again for sharing with us your beautiful words, my Team and I will be glad to welcome you soon again in our hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Old farmhouse restored to new. Difficult to find but after telephone call the owner came by car and directed us. Super charming owner who invited us for afternoon coffee. Lovely room with nice bathroom. Super clean. Breakfast with homebaked bread and cakes, marmelade from the garden. We did not understand that it was possible to get home cooked dinner too. Big misunderstanding that we will repair at our next stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

we booked what looked like a great property online, sameday via booking.com. not cheap but ok. the place needed a good paint job and updating but it was fine. we arrived late, after the food service gad closed, and we got by on snacks left over from our day on the road, all of which m
would have been just fine, except there was no AC! about an hour after we arrived, i went down to the desk to ask about it and was told they would 'reset the master control for our area. that was perhaps 10:45 pm after several cold baths, i went back to the desk about 2:00 am begging for help. i was led to a back basement room but it had been shuttered for some time and was even worse. eventually the night desk clerk told me that the AC system had broken down several days earlier and there was nothing he could do. he refused to even grant any price reduction, tho we got no sleep

Avoid this place if at all possible!!! wonderful city, horrible hotel!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Gabriele P, Direttore at NH Ancona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Patrick,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Nh Ancona for your stay as well as for taking time to share your experience with us. At the same time I’m so sorry to hear that your experience didn’t live up your expectations.
I apologize for the inconvenience due to air conditioning malfunction, unfortunately there was a sudden issue with our system and it was requested the intervention of a high-specialized technician.
As far as the refurbishment of our hotel, even if it isn’t a real restyling, we are working step by step to make some changes. We are implementing new minibars, sinks and WCs in some of our rooms and we have already changed our mattresses, TVs and hairdryers in all our rooms in order to offer our Guests a best quality service and a more pleasant stay.
Thank you again for your comment, that gives us the possibility to improve our work and service and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel, in order to make you change your mind!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We booked rooms at the NH Ancona hotel as it is located on top of a hill overlooking the Harbour of Ancona.
The location is quite convenient to reach the Harbour to catch a ferry boat to Greece or walk to downtown Ancona.
The Hotel itself looks quite good.
The reception does not represent the Hotel in the right manner (too small and worn).
Regarding the claimed 4-Star status of the hotel you would expect a hotel bar to be available. The facilities are in place but it didn't open (it seemed that either the bar is closed on Sunday or they have no license to operate the bar.
The elevators of the hotel are old, small and slow.
The rooms need immediate excessive overhaul: looks like the last renovation was somewhen in the 80's.
The bathrooms are in extremely bad condition.

The breakfast is quite good, except the point that the service is slow.
The service personal is friendly and at least the employees at the reception speak English apart from Italian.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Gabriele P, Direttore at NH Ancona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Olaf,
I’m sorry that your stay didn’t lived up your expectations, but I can ensure you that our service quality and standards respect Nh guidelines.
I’m happy you appreciated the magnificent view on the Ancona harbor that our Guests can admire once they reach our hotel. We are also in a very central position: it takes only a few minutes by walk to reach the down town, the picturesque historical centre, the ancient port and ferry-cruise terminal.
Our breakfast is our point of strength: with its great variety of products it is able to satisfy everyone’s taste: you can choose between a typical Italian breakfast with homemade bakery and cappuccino or espresso and an international breakfast with bacon, scrambled eggs and cured meats.
Our Staff is multilingual and well formed; they are at your complete disposal taking care of your needs and requests, in order to make you feel at ease and to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.
Step by step we are working for the renovation of our hotel. We have already changed our mattresses, TVs and hairdryers in all our rooms and in the next future we are planning to renovate minibars, sinks and WCs in some of them, in order to offer our Guests the best service and a more agreable stay.
Thank you again for sharing your constructive review, which gives us the possibility to improve our work taking some cues for the next future.
My Team and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel, in order to make you change your idea!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Stayed here two nights in July 2017. The hotel is on a hill overlooking the port of Ancona. There isn't much of a city view from the hotel. It is a bit of a walk back to the hotel from the city as you have to go uphill quite a bit. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was minimal. The rooms were very small and the bathrooms need updating. I would classify this hotel as an average budget hotel but nothing more. I would expect more from the NH brand.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Nh Ancona for your stay as well as for taking time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
Our hotel is situated in a strategic and central position which gives you the possibility to admire a marvelous view on the Ancona harbor and to reach the most important monuments of the city, the ferry and cruise terminals and the central station in a few minutes by walk
Our Staff is always at your disposal to offer you their help and assistance, taking care of your needs and requests during your entire stay and it is for this reason that when there are inconveniences related to room assignment I often suggest our Guests to ask them for a room change.
I’m so sorry that you didn’t appreciate our breakfast, loved by all our Guests and famous for its great variety of choice, able to satisfy everyone’s taste.
Thank you again for your review, my Staff and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel in order to make you change your mind.