“A pleasant surprise in a corner of Ancona ”
Review of Rice and Curry

Rice and Curry
Ranked #46 of 369 Restaurants in Ancona
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Close by both train station and ferry terminal, we were thrilled to find out a Sri Lankan restaurant in Ancona.
Being Sri Lankans, we enjoyed delicious food served and had a delightful chat with the owner himself. The setting is very relaxing and the old golden Sri Lankan songs played in the background made us feel like home.
Anyone from anywhere of the world will surely enjoy this classic Restaurant,food & service.
Thank you for the rich treat and hope many more explorers will find their way to Rice & Curry !

Peace!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My partner and I loved the food here, we just wished we had more time in Ancona to induldge in more of it!
We ordered the garlic rice, curry chicken and spicy lamb to share along with a paratha. We initially thought the servings were small but once we devoured it all we were full and very satisfied! The owner who served us was helpful and very friendly, his English was also impressive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for it's tasty food :)

2  Thank Hmcakes
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Perfect place to have a meal before catching a ferry. Very near the port and quite near the train station. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, all facilities were very clean with a soft scent of burning spices/incense as you enter the restaurant. The food was delicious and at a very good price. I accidentally ordered the wrong thing, as I wrote on a piece of paper that I wanted no. 5 instead of writing no.53. When the wrong dish arrived I noted that I wished for something else , so it was changed with the best of attitude. In the end I asked for the dish they prepared and said I would pay for it anyway, yet wasn't charged for it at the end. We were given very good instructions toward the boat terminal at the end of our meal, thanks to which we didnt get lost / have to do any unnecessary walking in the heat!! Excellent all round. P.S. try their recommended desserts!

1  Thank ManosXaralabopoulos
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

we stopped by on our way to the ferries. the food was really nice good curry and very nice other dishes! i can totally recommrnd this one!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stop here every year on way to/from Greece. Even changed my itinerary after I realised they are closed on Tuesdays. It's that good. Well worth a visit and very close to ferry port