“Once in a lifetime, because i would never do this twice.”
Review of Sistine Chapel

Sistine Chapel
More attraction details
Owner description: Probably the most famous chapel in the world because of its incredible artwork, notably "The Last Judgment," Michelangelo's stunning fresco covering 10,000 square feet of the ceiling and wall.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I will be short: 4h waiting in line, get inside and pushed pushed arrashed, come on, fast fast people everywhere, not enough signs, some of the boards with explanation in english were unreadable, people complaining because the audioguide was not working... really? 4h waiting for this? just hope that the sistine chapel is worth the effort but... much smaller than what I had in mind, and with stuff telling you NO! move move, to the middle, you are on the way, move, push push, people! so stressful! I can't understand the beauty of this. I would not recomend it even if it was for free.

2  Thank Pepusina
Write a ReviewReviews (18,027)
All reviews
in 888 reviews
"ceiling"
in 1,661 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This chapel is absolutely breathtaking. I spent about 30 minutes in the chapel, but had to leave because it was closing time but I could have easily spent 30 more minutes there listening to the audio guide and looking at all the paintings. Very very beautiful and worth the crowd.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited also Sistine Chapel. It was very nice and something historical to reach there. Huge crowds waiting but again everything organized well. I feel that the place itself need more security.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Although it took a long, slow, crowded trip through the museum, this was absolutely worth it. Don't let the guards browbeat you into moving out too quickly. Just find a seat along the wall or move into the middle to allow tour groups to pass, then look up and enjoy! We used the free Rick Steves Audio Guide on our phones to learn more about what we were seeing. Once in a lifetime experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We are travelling in Italy, Vatican City with three other couples. Very glad we booked a guide and skip the line passes for our visit to the Vatican. The crowds are very large and it is only the start of the 'season.'
Our tour was a 'long' three hours. I say long because you are only able to move at a snail's pace due to the crowds. This also makes it difficult to see all that you want to. This brings in the value of the guide who is able to make you notice things you may have otherwise missed.
Our tour was at 10:30am but we understand that it is possible to book tours as early as 7:00am. We would now recommend to do so.
Once inside, the craftsmanship is amazing!!! The tour through the Vatican Museum is a great prelude to your arrival in the Chapel. The 'customer service agents' within the Sistine Chapel are very pushy and demand silence. Your personal space is incredibly invaded. But the knowledge provided by the guide (before you enter the Chapel) and your map, enable you to look for the highlights of these masterpieces. We spent about 20 minutes inside the Chapel before feeling the need to escape the crush of people.
I would not say that I enjoyed the overall experience, but I loved the amazing craftsmanship and the Chapel is a must do! A small bottle of water kept me going.