Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$259
US$216
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$374/night.

US$136
US$115
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$265
US$209
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$325/night.

Camping Village Fabulous(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$55
  • Pool
US$528
US$363
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$430/night.

US$308
US$213
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$67
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$221
US$174
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$107
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

US$250
US$179
Trip.com
  • Room Service
All reviewstermini stationpastriesminute walkwithin walking distancegood sizeboiled eggsroma passhop on hopcontinental breakfastfirst floormini fridgeclean hotelair conditioningvisited romeon footside streetham
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed here for a few days in Oct-Nov of 2011. In terms of location, when I travel to European cities, I generally try to get a hotel in close proximity to the main train station. This one is within several blocks of the termini, and takes about 10 minutes to and from. The neighborhood is mostly residential with some restaurants and hotels within a few blocks. An African restaurant a block or so away looked very interesting, but I found good pasta nearby too. It's a quiet neighborhood, and I felt safe walking solo in the early evening. There is a street market nearby, but it's basically the same merchandise I'd find for much less in US flea markets. Every time I walked to the Pantheon area, I ended up elsewhere in Rome; streets wind a bit and, despite street map provided by the hotel, I managed to get lost. In terms of the hotel itself, the front desk staff was excellent. The breakfast and breakfast room setting were above average, but not necessarily exceptional. My 3rd floor room was snug but very clean and nicely decorated. When in my room, I watched BBC. I don't normally do this, but at night, I kept tv low to provide white noise, to cope with being a light sleeper and dealing with time change. On occasion, I did hear a wee bit of noise from other guests in rooms and hall, but hotel is reasonably quiet. The next time I'm in Rome, I'm inclined to stay in this hotel. I'd prefer to be closer to the Pantheon area, but it's more expensive and a bit dicey to find a good place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathryn L
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Crosti's rooms are fairly small compared to the rooms I've had in the US, but it wasn't bad. The bed was a bit firm for my tastes. The room was clean. The Staff was friendly, and allowed us to check in early with no extra charge.

The worst part was getting the first room right off of the lobby. They have tile floors. In room 101, we had a hard time getting enough quiet to sleep. The AC was also a bit lacking. It was set to 18 C all night, without getting very cold.

Breakfast was excellent. They had a variety of meats, cheeses, pastries, cakes, etc. The waitress was very friendly and brought expresso and tea.

They charged 3 Euros for Wifi.

I booked through Orbitz in dollars. The max price listed in the room was in Euros, and was about 15% less than what I paid, based on the current exchange rate. I didn't ask, but I believe Orbitz probably charged an extra fee for converting the Euros to dollars. My Visa and Discover cards would have been far cheaper to just pay the bill in Euros.

There was also a local tax of 3 or 4 Euros that was due when I checked out.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, however I would certainly ask for a room away from the lobby, probably off of the first floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Fantastic breakfast and very courteous staff. Only small problem, we like to cool the room down at night, and the A/c is not available until after may 10th. If you leave the window open, the traffic noise level is too great. Otherwise it was a great place, and the breakfast was definitely great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I just spent 5 nights at this hotel and can only rave about it. The location is not as central to tourist areas but still was very close to everything - I didn't find Rome to be so large. The best part of the location is the proximity to the Termini train station - you don't have to take a cab or sclep your suitcase from the airport, and both of the subways and many buses stop there.

The room was fine. Ours was on the first floor, just a few stairs. The furnishings were simple, but everything was very clean, the bed was good and the bathroom was large and lovely. Lots of marble.

The men at the front desk were SO nice and helpful. Friendly, and always trying to help us.

But as mentioned in many other reviews, the breakfast at the Crosti is to die for. The woman serving coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso or hot chocolate was a dynamo, always busy and cheerful. The food selection was great. The croissants were particularly good, and they would be gone if we had breakfast later!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May 2011. Hotel Crosti is extremely clean, the concierges are extremely friendly and helpful and even came up to my room to help me figure out why my computer couldn't connect to the Wifi. The rooms are simple and basic but very clean with modern new bathrooms. A very comfortable bed - I remember sleeping full 8-9 hour nights ever night and waking up totally refreshed. Not a lot of natural light in my room, only a small elevated window. But overall very sufficient and well-kept rooms with nice bathrooms.
The hotel is small and has an old-fashioned caged elevator as well as regular stairs. A very quiet hotel, only a few other older couples staying there besides me. Also on a quiet street away from touristy sites - but I was still able to walk to the Borghese Gallery within about 10-15 minutes, and the Piazza della Republica within 5-10 minutes. Anyway, Rome is not so walkable - but I found it easy to get around and orient myself from this hotel in a quieter neighborhood. Some restaurants around (one directly across the street that was cheap and a good deal but not the best pasta) but I did most of my eating in other parts of the city.
The highlight of hotel Crosti is the INCREDIBLE breakfast - Italians are not famous for breakfast but Crosti does it right - baked apples, tons of pastries, croissants, bagels, hard boiled eggs, various fresh-squeezed juices (I remember watermelon, apple, orange, and lemon), coffee and tea, cereal, toast - very fresh, good quality breakfast but the pastries and the baked apples made it feel most special. I was very happy at Hotel Crosti and recommend it as a quieter hotel in Rome when you have time to walk/use a tourist bus to get to the main sites.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo