“perfect stay”
Review of Crosti Hotel

Crosti Hotel
Ranked #155 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 May 2012

great location - close to the termini station and museums.
friendly staff! we arrived at 10:30 am and our room was not ready. When we got back from visiting a couple museums, everything was all nicely placed in our room.
great deli down the street.
Breakfasts were great!!! friendly serving staff and food was well balanced.
towel rack were really warm and dried our clothes up in hours.

Highly recommend this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stayed in room 108
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn K

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed here for a few days in Oct-Nov of 2011. In terms of location, when I travel to European cities, I generally try to get a hotel in close proximity to the main train station. This one is within several blocks of the termini, and takes about 10 minutes to and from. The neighborhood is mostly residential with some restaurants and hotels within a few blocks. An African restaurant a block or so away looked very interesting, but I found good pasta nearby too. It's a quiet neighborhood, and I felt safe walking solo in the early evening. There is a street market nearby, but it's basically the same merchandise I'd find for much less in US flea markets. Every time I walked to the Pantheon area, I ended up elsewhere in Rome; streets wind a bit and, despite street map provided by the hotel, I managed to get lost. In terms of the hotel itself, the front desk staff was excellent. The breakfast and breakfast room setting were above average, but not necessarily exceptional. My 3rd floor room was snug but very clean and nicely decorated. When in my room, I watched BBC. I don't normally do this, but at night, I kept tv low to provide white noise, to cope with being a light sleeper and dealing with time change. On occasion, I did hear a wee bit of noise from other guests in rooms and hall, but hotel is reasonably quiet. The next time I'm in Rome, I'm inclined to stay in this hotel. I'd prefer to be closer to the Pantheon area, but it's more expensive and a bit dicey to find a good place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathryn L
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Crosti's rooms are fairly small compared to the rooms I've had in the US, but it wasn't bad. The bed was a bit firm for my tastes. The room was clean. The Staff was friendly, and allowed us to check in early with no extra charge.

The worst part was getting the first room right off of the lobby. They have tile floors. In room 101, we had a hard time getting enough quiet to sleep. The AC was also a bit lacking. It was set to 18 C all night, without getting very cold.

Breakfast was excellent. They had a variety of meats, cheeses, pastries, cakes, etc. The waitress was very friendly and brought expresso and tea.

They charged 3 Euros for Wifi.

I booked through Orbitz in dollars. The max price listed in the room was in Euros, and was about 15% less than what I paid, based on the current exchange rate. I didn't ask, but I believe Orbitz probably charged an extra fee for converting the Euros to dollars. My Visa and Discover cards would have been far cheaper to just pay the bill in Euros.

There was also a local tax of 3 or 4 Euros that was due when I checked out.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, however I would certainly ask for a room away from the lobby, probably off of the first floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Fantastic breakfast and very courteous staff. Only small problem, we like to cool the room down at night, and the A/c is not available until after may 10th. If you leave the window open, the traffic noise level is too great. Otherwise it was a great place, and the breakfast was definitely great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I just spent 5 nights at this hotel and can only rave about it. The location is not as central to tourist areas but still was very close to everything - I didn't find Rome to be so large. The best part of the location is the proximity to the Termini train station - you don't have to take a cab or sclep your suitcase from the airport, and both of the subways and many buses stop there.

The room was fine. Ours was on the first floor, just a few stairs. The furnishings were simple, but everything was very clean, the bed was good and the bathroom was large and lovely. Lots of marble.

The men at the front desk were SO nice and helpful. Friendly, and always trying to help us.

But as mentioned in many other reviews, the breakfast at the Crosti is to die for. The woman serving coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso or hot chocolate was a dynamo, always busy and cheerful. The food selection was great. The croissants were particularly good, and they would be gone if we had breakfast later!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family