All reviews spanish steps guest house metro station around the corner trevi fountain perfect location sister hotel stayed nights walked everywhere top floor visiting rome keys piazza shower kettle guesthouse closet
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here as a solo traveller for 6 nights.
As mentioned, the hotel is in an excellent location. My room overlooked the Spanish steps so you couldn't ask for a better view whilst eating breakfast. It did take me a little while to find the hotel however as there is no signage, just the number of the building to go by.
The guest house is on the 4th floor of the building and although there is a lift, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with mobility issues as this is tiny and there are steps inside the hotel also.
The staff on arrival were really friendly and helpful. You also receive a set of keys to the building so you can come and go as you please which was a real bonus for me and something I really liked.
My room was well decorated and comfortable. A massive sofa did take up much of the spare room however. The bathroom was small but did have a double shower.
Breakfast is served in your own at a specified time by yourselves and was also prompt and on time.
My only issue with this hotel is that the Spanish steps is a place where people like to meet up and play music until really late into the evening/morning. The windows do shut out some of the noise but not all and if you are getting up really earlier this can be a bit annoying.
There is also no receptionist after late afternoon.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to solo travellers and couples but not families.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Spanish steps is great if you don't mind the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is right next to the Spanish steps in Rome. The room we got, had a good view of the Spanish steps and looked really nice in the late night after the crowds had moved on and the lights were turned on!
The hotel is right next to the Metro station Spagna on the red(Orange) line. The hotel room itself was quite small. We were staying there for one night, onwards to a cruise vacation and later realized that our Veranda room on the cruise ship was bigger than this room! And it was a room for 3 people with a queen sized bed and a single bed for our teenager.
The bathroom was smaller too! We are all small in size and we were not carrying a lot of luggage. So, the room size did not bother us as much.
The check-in was a breeze. The front desk person was quite friendly and checked us in quickly. The hotel provided a decent continental breakfast that consisted of a filled pastry, roll/croissant. The cappuccino latte in the morning was quite good.
We did a walking tour of all the sights such as, Pantheon, Trevi fountain, Piazza del Poppolo in the evening and it was wonderful and it is quite safe to wander about shopping or enjoying the sights till very late in the night.
There are plenty of street side seating restaurants and cafes all around one can find some decent Italian food there for sure!
In summary, I would recommend this property. Just be forewarned that if size of the room and bathroom size is important to you for any reason, than this may not be the hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: We had a partial view of the steps. I believe other rooms had a full view. This is something you may want to ask before the room is assigned to you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sakraghu
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was here with my mother in May 2012.
Pleasant hotel with a beautiful location. It took us a long time to find the hotel on the Piazza. We had mentioned that we were going to check in late, so we waited a while outside. After a few minutes we finally could reach someone to open the door for us. When we got in the room, everything looked neat and clean. The hotel has both stairs and an authentic elevator.

In the morning we had breakfast in the room. During breakfast, we had a beautiful view of the Spanish Steps. The breakfast is not extensive, but it has everything you need: bread rolls, juice, coffee and some croissants with chocolate.

This is a hotel for independent travellers as there isn’t really that much of a service, but that wasn’t a problem for us. As long as we had breakfast and clean rooms, and this was indeed the case.

There is a metro station across the square as you come out. It’s advisable use the metro to explore Rome. Another tip: if you want to visit the Colosseum, it is best to first go to the Forum Romanum. You can already buy a ticket here and you don’t have to queue for the Colosseum that way.

If we ever visit Rome again, we’ll certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are looking for an exceptional value and an exceptional location, this hotel has it all. Incredible view (all rooms look out over the steps) and very clean rooms. My wife and. I stayed here for three nights and at the end of the day we loved "people watching" from our room's window. If, I mean, when we return, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Matt J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Perfect stay for our 2 short nights in Rome. Having just left our first “B&B” experience in Paris, we found this property’s style more to our liking – in regards to the overall privacy in coming and going, etc. We did not participate in the breakfast option offering, but plenty of fresh fruit/pastry options nearby. As all have attested to, we also found the location ideal. The steps of course are beautiful, but we set out on foot for all of our ‘must see’ sightseeing; none being much more than a 30 minute walk. We were able to walk to/from the Colosseum, the Vatican, and all sights in between. Metro is just around the corner as well, if you cared to take advantage.

The steps are “lively” for sure. I wasn’t an issue for us, as the lively environment suites us well, but worth mentioning for those looking for quieter late evening hours. Drinking wine and eating cheese at our little table at our private window overlooking the activity on the steps was a great memory for us.

Clean, comfortable, safe, an all-around great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple