“Eccentrically Central”

Hotel Pensione Barrett
Ranked #32 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Loved staying at this hotel. Perfect location with access to everything. Friendly and helpful staff and owners.
The rooms are fantastically decorated - we counted 28 putti, ten graces and 8 columns in our room, not to mention massage chair and foot spa.
The owners will direct you to lesser known sites in Rome, and their restaurant recommendations were good.
This time I travelled with a friend, but would be happy to stay there on my own, as the welcome was so friendly.

Room Tip: Room 14 is a little larger as it is a triple, the third single bed is separated by a half wall so it...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights beginning 1/1/2012. This place was lavishly decorated with Roman artifacts, pictures, ornaments, even a fountain in the lobby area. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. Location was superb. Even though it was very close to most of the important tourist sites, there was a neighborly feel to it. You could see Italians go about their daily lives. Michele and Cinzia, the married couple owners, were attentive and extremely helpful. Michele knows a lot of Roman history and can help you with planning your visits to important sites. I always appreciate a place for it's location and cleanliness but I also put a lot of value in the people who run the place. In this respect I think Michele and Cinzia were bravissimi!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vikadikad
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I can agree with everything that has been said about this wonderful hotel, and I would certainly stay again and recommend it to all my friends. Lots of reviewers have talked about location, decor etc. but I just want to say thank you to Michele and Cinzia for their help and patience during our stay. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are so understanding. Our flight was delayed 7 hours and we didn't get in until 4.30am (no problem). We had booked tickets online for a film premiere at Rome Film Festival and couldn't work out the website and ticket download instructions which were all in Italian (no problem). Add to that the local restaurant recommendations, the instructions how to get to places, the comforts in the room etc. All just brilliant! This was my second time in Rome, but this time I came away feeling that it was the best city in the world.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ortonioni
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I have been staying at the Pensione Barrett since many years. One could regard the rooms as too small and overloaded with statues and paintings, but actually these are very tiny details. The place is very well managed. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic you will not find another place close to the Centro Storico and having the same level of service. I have tried out many hotels since I studied in Rome in 2005 and have always come back to Pensione Barrett!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank mitochi
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We came for 5 days to see Rome and also "live Rome" if you know what I mean. The place is extremely well located, super-clean and has everything we could have wanted. We heard no noise from the other rooms, which we absolultey hate. >They have the most wonderful and relaxed staff and the couple who runs it is absolutely adorable.
We felt at home, private and well taken care of. I want to go back now that I wrote this review..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple