All reviewsgreat locationno elevatorsuperior roomwalking distancearound the cornercentral locationabsolutely stay here againstreet noisecroissantswatch tvbreakfast roomfirst floorclean towelspleasant staytourist attractionswalked everywhereair conditioning
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel because of the location, it is great, few meters from the Fontana di Trevi and easy to walk to all the other sites in Rome. It is a a very old building but it is remodeled so bedrooms are small but comfortable and charming. Breakfast is good, great home made cappuccino and pastries. The ladies at the front desk are very nice, always smiling and ready to help, they made transportation arrangements for us from and to the airport and answered all our questions to move around rome, the waiters at the dining room are also very nice.

ISSUE, everyone leaves at 9pm, if something happens after that time you are on your own!!! On our last night, the air conditioning stop working at the room and it turned into a sauna, my husband went to the restaurant downstairs, as they told us they could help after hours since they belong to the same owner, however, the man who was there did not speak English or Spanish, only Italian and he was only able to say that it was a problem in the whole hotel and could not do anything else. We slept terrible on that last night, air conditioning never came back, we had to leave the windows open and had a few mosquitos coming in.... They should be prepared to solve problems like this during the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Things to share from my visit - use public transportation for first visit only if you have familiarity with Rome. Going thru Termini will be packed and the instructions to get you to the b&b are not intuitive.

Facilities are hidden in a corner of a courtyard restaurant (Il Chianti) on Via Lavatore, on the north side of pizza trevi. Desk is a small alcove one flight up. Half of the rooms are another flight up and the remainder are again one flight further. My room was 202.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Room is spacious and modern, which is good and bad. Very attractive but my wife and I both kicked the stylish metal Lou get in the room, which we never used during a 5 st stay.

First nite, no ac and no hot water. Didn't realize until after staff was gone (they work 7a-9p I believe) . We opened Windows and it was ok as it was a cool May nite. At 6am the restaurant staff dumped a huge bag of wine bottles in the dumpster, which was quite a jolt. After a whining child kept us up I was wondering if this was a mistake.

Spoke with desk on the way out and the responded immediately. I found this to be their standard thru the stay. Remaining notes were much quieter, though I never got more than a warm shower the entire stay. No tub in the rooms.

Breakfast is ok but had little protein other than cold cuts and plain yogurt. Breakfast attendee was precious but we struggled to communicate. She also helped clean rooms, and they did this daily and as well as any Marriott in the world.

It is a b&b/hotel, so there are some limitations. It has a great location and fair prices, but you will need to have some flexibility when doing some basic things. Remember the stairs.

Room Tip: Stay on backside. Trevi fountain is like bourbon street during Marci gras
Thank Bill And Donna ... S
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Trevi B&B was in a convenient location just 50m from the Fontana di Trevi and our room was quiet from the street noise du to double grazed windows. The room was adequately large and clean. The staff were very helpful and assisted us this Car Rental enquires. The breakfast was excellent. The restaurant down stairs "Il Chianti" was excellent but very pleasantly surprised that a Tuscany 'Chianti' Restaurant was in Roma.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Trevi B&B was in a great location. Just steps from the Trevi fountain yet quite from street noise. The room was large and clean plus the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was good, The only caution I have is the stairs, be prepared to carry your bags up at least two flights of stairs. With the central location we easily walked to most of the ancient Rome sites and the walk back from the Vatican was very pleasant with a lot to see along the way. The restaurant down stairs "Il Chianti" was excellent.

Room Tip: They have room facing inside for very quite and room with a little view of the street which was quite enough for us.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A very good hotel in a great location, on a side street close to the Trevi Fountain. My room faced the inside of the building so there was no street noise. I booked a single room which was well decorated, clean, but tiny. There was only room for the single bed, a chair and a desk but I only needed a place to sleep. The bathroom was good sized, but the shower was so small I couldn't bend over to shave my legs and every time I bent my elbows to soap up I knocked the shower door open, sending water all over the floor. But for that I didn't mind the smallness of the room. Cute breakfast room in the basement and decent choices for food. I peeked into rooms that were being cleaned as I left one morning and the bigger rooms are beautiful. I would stay here again but book a double room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub, as the shower only rooms have tiny showers.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo