All reviews wonderful hosts croissants termini station carlo fridge supermarket maps babbo attractions dryer
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Mary and Carlo are the perfect hosts with providing lots of information, going the extra mile on service and the accommodation is clean, safe and well located. It was our third visit to Roma in April 2016 and we were accompanied by my sister and her husband. They too appreciated Welrome and the friendly caring approach Mary and Carlo give. A great place to stay in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmandaJD63
Reviewed 17 July 2016

We stay at Welrome whenever we are in Rome. This is due to the hospitality Mary and Carlo offer together with the fact that the hotel is so well located to the train station,
It is also a great starting point for sightseeing in Rome.
Mary and Carlo are wonderful at helping out with the sightseeing options.
Very comfortable room with nice added extras

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel Welrome for our honeymoon. Both Mary and Carlo were wonderful hosts and made sure every aspect of our stay was pleasant and comfortable. Each morning, a generous supply of juice, coffee and delicious croissants were supplied free of charge. Both Mary and Carlo were very helpful in giving directions to local attractions and gave good recommendations of local restaurants to try.
The hotel is a close walk to numerous historic sites and landmarks. My wife and I walked to the Trevi fountain in about 15 minutes, the pantheon in 20, the colosseum in 25 and train station in less than 10 minutes. The walls were very easy and safe, even at night. Also, the hotel is near a train line that can take you to the Vatican. Mary and Carlo gave excellent advice on how to visit many local landmarks, the best times to visit, and how to avoid crowds.
We read some reviews that said the hotel was noisy and that the rooms were small. Our room was very large and the bed was very clean and comfortable. Their are young people who hang out in the street below and are very noisy, but not to worry. On our first night, Mary showed us how to properly close the double pane Windows to soundproof the room. So, in summary the room and bathroom are a good size and very clean, and there is no worry about noise from outside. I can't say enough nice things about the hotel or owners. Traveling in Europe is not easy, but Mary and Carlo made our stay in Rome better than we could have ever imagined. I would recommend staying here to anyone and when my wife return to Rome one day, we will be sure to book rooms at the Hotel Welrome. Thanks so much Mary and Carlo!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We stayed at the hotel in Mid- May 2016. This is a small and quaint hotel with only 7 rooms (so book in advance). You get all at a very moderate price. I had done extensive research months before and run across this little hotel treasure on several websites. There were nothing but rave reviews. So I inquired further to the hotel via email. I knew something was different about this fine hotel immediately, just by the informative, personal, and very kind response I received from the proprietors, Mary and Carlo. These exceptional folks make your quality vacation experience their first priority from the get go. We are experienced European travelers, but this was our first trip to Rome. We asked for a room at the back of the hotel with a small balcony. Rome is a chaotic, fast moving city with a touch of pleasant "grit" to it. It is a great comfort to have a quiet, homey place to return to after a day of navigating streets, sites, crowd,s and traffic in this ancient town, especially for 1st time visitors. By the time we completed the room booking online, I felt that I knew Mary personally for years. Along with the reservation confirmation, we received a world of advice on everything from advance site reservations (including critical reservation timing info), essential websites for sightseeing, precise directions, and a variety of other tips (even pick-pocket avoidance!). What you get with the Welrome experience is a pristine clean room of good size, well updated, with a refrigerator stocked with water and beverages, coffee service, large bathroom with good shower (even a bidet), fresh towels every day, great plumbing, and a freshly made bed every night. Every morning a basket of delicious fresh croissants and juice is set on a table outside your door. But perhaps just as important, you get Mary and Carlo. These folks take care of you from the time you arrive to the minute you leave. The day we arrived, Mary was standing outside the Hotel on the street looking for us. We had overshot the street with our baggage in tow, and doubled back down the street. She knew it was us (how I will never know) and was waiting to waive us in. Every morning they provided us with the best transportation advice, bus and metro information, and all the background on what we would see. Carlo, knows every sculpture, statue, church, and fountain in the city as well as the complete history of each. Pay particular attention to their advice on the Vatican sites (include the Necropolis) and Borghese Museum & Gardens. They will give you tips on restaurants.

The Welrome is in a great location, just an 8 minute walk from Termini Station. You have convenient and quick access to all parts of the city, including buses and the Metro.(as well as an easy trip to and from the airport). And yet it is on a quiet and quaint street, away from the largest crowds.

Mary and Carlo are very special people and we are grateful to both of them for making our stay all that it could be. And they will remain an important part of our Roman Holiday memories. If you are looking to experience some fine people and Italy and Rome at its best look no further than this quaint and authentic hotel. We would not stay anywhere else.

Paul & Janice V.

Room Tip: At least one room has a small balcony....Very Pleasant! The rooms are large by Euro Standards. King size bed Plus a single bed
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulY4478QT
Reviewed 28 June 2015

The proprietors of this supurb quiet hotel are a mine of information. Carlo and Marie will provide you with inside information on the best attractions and how to get ther. Take their advice it will save you plenty. The rooms are comfortable with room to move, it is a godsend having a fridge, tea coffee facilities and a table and chairs to sit at. The bathrooms are similar there is room to move. Cupboard space and safe for those items we worry about.
I am so pleased the hotel was recommended to us and I am very happy to recommend this very pleasant experience to others. We have bused, trammed and trained everywhere from this position. Walk to the opera and most of the sights under 30 minutes.

Stayed: June 2015