Hotel Andreina
Ranked #730 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

This particular hotel is on the 4th floor, but you need to check-in at the reception on the second floor. They also request you drop your keys off when leaving the hotel, which means you see a lot of the 2nd floor. The main entry is through a locked gate. This can be a little intimidating when you first arrive, so just buzz and explain you've got a room in the hotel. After that, you just need to buzz and give your room number. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and are very willing to explain where the sites are. They are also very happy to store your luggage after checkout. A ciao and a grazie go a long way in Rome.
The hotel is less than 5 minutes from Termini station, which is also a shopping centre. There are also a number of restaurants nearby that stay open well into the night. Very handy, but can result in noise when you're trying to sleep, even when the windows are closed.
The hotel itself is quite small, just a few rooms on the 4th floor. My room was of a good size and the bed was comfy. The bidet in the bathroom was particularly useful as I used it to soak my aching feet. I know that's not what it's there for, but it works well!
Breakfast was basic and practical. Bread, yoghurt, fruit, cakes. Enough to set you up for the day.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 November 2016

We selected this hotel after having read good reviews. However it certainly did not live up to expectations. Firstly it was difficult to find, as it is just on one floor of a building and other 'hotels' occupy other floors. On arrival we had to drag our luggage up stairs to reach the old lift. Having arrived at the correct floor we were confronted with a locked door which told us to go to another floor for reception. Finally we got checked in. The room was clean, but very basic. The bathroom fittings were tired and the air dryer was held together with tape. The shower head sprayed water in all directions, so just ended up hosing myself down. The window didn't close properly, so we had street noise all night. Breakfast was continental style using budget products. We certainly felt we had paid too much. On a positive side the location is convenient for the train station and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwianatraveller
Reviewed 19 October 2016

In Dec. 2015 we booked 5 nights at this hotel for
oct. Nov. 2016. through Expedia.
When we tried to confirm the reservation there was no responce.
In desperation I contacted the Rome tourist bureau who contacted the property and they told us they had no record.of us. We are now trying to find a room with one week to go. Do not book with this property as they have changed there name and or have gone broke

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016

When people told me 4 star hotels are not like what we know here in the US I didnt think it was this bad. Actually I think this hotel was a 3 star, but the rooms were sad. My friend and I had separate rooms. Her air conditioning didnt work, my shower head was hanging off the wall along with the curtains being taped to the wall to stay up. The people there were nice and somewhat helpful, but if you have fears of elevators and need to use one dont go here. The elevator is so old its scary. The hotel is close to the train station and there are outdoor sitting restaurants all around. They are not high quality type restaurants. The area reminds me of Times Square, NY and they have alot of people coming up and trying to sell you things. Both while walking and while eating at the restaurant. I would definitely not stay there again. We stayed at another hotel in a different area towards the end of your vacation, and I would highly recommend that hote;. Hotel Sanvalentino

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I originally had a bit of trouble finding the hotel, as it is not a stand alone place; the one building has five different hotels, however it was its own floor.

The check in staff, as well as floor staff were all lovely, and the room was decent. It was clean, as was the bathroom, with a comfortable bed. The dining area and breakfast was what you come to expect in rome; ham, cheese, pastries and coffee - all acceptable.

My biggest issue was the wifi - the listing said there was wifi, but I only had it for brief moments, and after the kind concierge tried to fix it (and did, for about half an hour before I lost it again), I just gave up, which was the main downside to my stay.

Aside from that, it was a lovely place, and in an amazing location if you plan to travel anywhere by train.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo