“You get for what you pay for but there is room for improvement”
Review of Hotel Andreina

Hotel Andreina
Ranked #725 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Review from family of ten adult people booked in double 5 rooms

Pros
- close to Termini, entrance to hotel is clean and safe
- clean
- decent breakfast
- friendly personnel, English speaking
- wifi (not at all times in some of the rooms)
- Rather safe due to double door apartment style floor
- Rooms still included safe
- Luggage hold before checking in and after checking out
- Mini fridge in room

Cons
- not enough towels (only two big ones and floor mat)
- towels were really harsh
- not easily accessible to disabled people (tiny lift/a lot of stairs)
- Shower Knob (hot one) was broken
- No dustbin in room (apart from the bathroom one) in some rooms

Room Tip: All rooms are the same ( 5 rooms for 10 people) comfortable but in need of upgrading. Adequate for...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Andreina

Reviewed 21 March 2016

On the positive side, the rooms were clean, there was plenty of hot water and the breakfast provided was good for the price paid. Internet access was excellent.
However, the traveller should be aware that since 1st March the hotel is under new ownership and no longer has the personal welcome or 'family feel'. The hotel is administered from the second floor along with the Hotels Cherubini and Termini. Apart from the room keys, internal doors are operated by remote control from the second floor. Our room in the Andreina wasn't on the fourth floor as advertised, but on the third. It was very dark and unwelcoming. The 3 hotels along with others are accessed from the road - the outer door is no longer locked. The stairwell is dark and had a slight smell of cats, and the lift, which is central in the stairwell, is of the type more often seen in American gangster movies.
Whilst the hotel is cheap, and offers value for money, we feel that it no longer fits the description given by earlier reviewers.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMH52
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Finally, a nice hotel near Termini Station, reasonably spacious and affordable (at least in the off season). This quiet and clean hotel has just 7 rooms and is located on the 4th floor which isn't a problem as there is an elevator. These simple but stylish rooms are perfect for the budget traveler. The staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is standard but filling. The wifi signal is good, there is a refrigerator and plenty of power points to charge everything. I will definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I usually book 4 or 5 star hotels but as we only needed somewhere to rest for one night prior to a cruise, I knew we weren't going to spend much time in the room. This turned out to be truer than anticipated when my suitcases failed to appear at Rome airport and we spent the best part of 12 hours there waiting for it. We didn't arrive at the Andreina until almost midnight.

I'd emailed then phoned the hotel to let them know we would be much later than expected and was told this wouldn't be a problem; and it wasn't. When we finally arrived, much relieved and with the missing case, we were shown our room on the floor above reception. In desperate need of a cup of tea, I asked if they had some milk as we had brought our own kettle and the gentleman on reception brought up a tray with cups, saucers, milk, tea and sugar. Perfect!

The room itself had a double and single beds and, although nothing fancy, had everything we needed. The bathroom and shower were more than adequate. I liked the high ceilings and rustic lift that could only cope with one of us plus our suitcases at a time. Bags of character and typically Rome.

We were up early for a walk to the Trevi fountain (reception provided maps and directions) then back for a simple continental breakfast with several cups of coffee from their machine. Check-out was quick and straightforward and it was great to be so close to Termini station which took only a matter of minutes to walk to. All in all, this was exactly what we needed for a pre-cruise stay, although if we were to cruise from Civitavecchia again, I would consider staying in that town; it looked much nicer than I expected a port town to be.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tizkay
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Originally I picked this hotel for the close proximity to the Termini (public transportation etc). And I have stayed in two other places in Rome immediately before. I stayed at Andreina for three nights, and now I wish I had stayed there the entire time instead of switching hotels. First of all, it is just charming! Not hectic like some other places, and with an appeal of someone's home. Nothing fancy and over-the-top, what it offers are comfort and relaxation. The simple breakfast is adequate, with some excellent coffee! Our room is of good size with a large window facing the street -- and I love the doors! The bathroom perhaps is on the small size but it is sufficient. The bed is very comfortable and clean. Strong wifi works all the time.
To us, the best part of the hotel is the hospitality of the front desk staff. They are just outstanding, especially Raphaelle who was kind and friendly. We felt we were dealing with a friend and not just a hotel personnel. This young man puts the hotel on the map! The other gentlemen are superb as well, always ready to provide assistance and information. If I return to Roman, I will definitely stay there again. Despite the reviews of some others, I didn't find it difficult to locate at all. The several steps leading up to the lift may be a problem for some, especially those with heavy luggage. Otherwise, it was a sheer delight to stay there.

Room Tip: I like the 4th floor (there is also a 3rd floor via a private lift!)
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple