All reviewspastriesindoor poolhampalasportminibarfacilitiesmetroairporttaxisaunareceptionistratescheese
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a little out of Rome but can be reached by either catching the bus to the Palasport metro or a short taxi ride costing between 10 and 18 euros depending on which taxi driver you get! (Yes these were all the white taxis). It will also cost you a flat fare of 48 euros to get from the airport. But if you are prepared to have the taxi fares you will get the benefit of a good hotel complex which, is getting larger and as such building work does start pretty early at approx 8am. But as breakfast finishes at 9.30 Monday to Friday this is not too much of an issue.
One thing that should be noted was there was no tea making facilities here. The first time in a good many years I have been to a hotel and not been able to make a drink in my room. There is a vending machine but that's it!
Attached to the hotel is a lovely little garden area with a pool, although super busy at weekends, and a fantastic indoor pool with a roof that opens and gym on site. I used the pool every day and it was never full and I was always able to get a lane. (It is slightly maize like finding your way through the first time) no one really speaks fluent English and my Italian is non existent but we managed between us. Just find out what is ladies and gents in Italian so you do not stand outside the changing rooms hoping to guess the right one. Pictures would be good. (Swim hats are needed for both indoor and outdoor pools, staff will provide you with one if needed) . The rooms were great. Super clean and modern with good comfy beds, pillows were not the most comfortable. There are not many sockets available. The safe in our room did not work which we did mention to staff but when she couldn't fix it she just shrugged! The breakfasts were pretty average. Nothing special but perfectly adequate but be warned they lock the door at dead on finish time so you can't get in! It consisted of pastries, fruit, yoghurts, bread, ham, cheese,eggs, juice teas and coffee. There was on one morning some bacon and I think scrambled egg. The other days there was not hot food left so I don't think they do a lot.
I think without the sports complex and the outdoor pool area this hotel would be lacking as it is well out of the way. So for the hotel I would give 3 star but because of the facilities I feel it deserves the 4.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scoobylou139
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Well I wouldn't say bad but the Rpestoraunt was pretty poor quality! The breakfast was delicious. There was no free parking. The system of the pool was over complicated because you didn't use the room card but had to get "All Round" cards to even enter the pool area! Also there was no pool bar so you had to go in the inside bar to get a drink. You could use the sport resort parking but it got closed in the evening and when we asked if the door could be opened the receptionist said "This is the resort parking. It is only open when the resort is open.". Otherwise this was a good hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kleid T
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Great sports possibilities, excellent and very friendly and helpful staff. Reasonably easy to travel to the city centre by bus and metro, or train. Rooms very tidy and functional. Breakfast good and restaurant (at the sports centre) OK. Very good value for money.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2017

This is a state-of-the-art, trendy, concept hotel, designed for business people and sport teams. The attached sports centre includes the amenities required by all types of athletes.
Fair service, including waiting chairs at reception, a rather unusual feature. Another welcome feature are the free soft drinks in the rooms. Average breakfast.
Not cheap.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank opossumd
Reviewed 19 December 2016

The hotel is about 20-30 min taxi ride from Leonardo airport. The taxis have a fixed price of 48 euros so please note to choose a legal white taxi from outside the airport.

We stayed three nights. The hotel is very nice and clean, but too much of a maze for my taste. We had to walk around and search for the swimming pools and gym and only my boyfriend went to the gym.

Our room was tiny but clean. The bed was great but the pillows too hard. The bathroom was beautiful although the shower head itself was funny. The towels were so new that I was full of white fluff after using one. Not good when trying to prepare for a night out. It was all over my hair and face.

This hotel is good value for the money spent, but if I choose to travel to Rome again I will reserve a hotel closer to the center. There was a bus stop outside the hotel and after the bus you needed to change to metro. I like to see local life so I didn't mind using buses or metro, we should have had more time in Rome.

Another minus was the breakfast. It would have been great but there was no real bread or butter.

Room Tip: Room with one double bed if you are a couple
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple