3,051 results
All reviewsloria familyvia venetofamily run hotelmamma teresafamily suitevilla borghesespanish stepswalking routeshome away from homeevery morningtrip to romerecommend hotelborghese gallerytrevi fountainfirst floorsmall hotelbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was a great family run hotel. Breakfast was included and amazing and kept us going all day. The family running the hotel were very helpful in every way. They arranged for our pick-up at the airport and then transfer to the pier for our cruise.
We are going back to Rome, Italy this fall and staying there again!!!

Room Tip: They had a total of 18 rooms and each one was a little different, ranging from a smaller queen bed to the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie H
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Second time at this lovely hotel, everyone is really helpful and friendly making you feel really welcome. The hotel is in a good position, easy to walk to several of the popular sights and with some good restaurants close by. Room was small but spotlessly clean and excellent air conditioning, really important in Rome in mid summer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My father and I traveled to Rome for our first time in June 2012. Choosing a hotel to kick off our trip was quite the chore! After reading many reviews of different hotels on TripAdvisor, we landed on Hotel Golden and could not have been happier! From my initial inquiry email to check out on our last day, Marco, Giuseppe and family did a phenomenal job of meeting and exceeding our every need! They not only provided a comfortable and hospitable environment while on property, but gave us fantastic restaurant recommendations and very useful travel tips for public transportation etc. The location is fantastic - walking distance to Trevi, the Spanish Steps and the Metro stop to Termini. Dad and I enjoy walking and made the 30-40 minute walk to the Colosseum and a 45 minute walk back from the Vatican. Walking is truly the best way to see the city so don't waste your money on an overpriced cab ride! The overall value of this hotel is hard to beat and since I threw my coin into the Trevi Fountain, I know I will stay at the Golden on my next trip to Rome! Thank you again for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but very well appointed. And really, all you should be doing is sleeping there anyhow! Get out and enjoy the city!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My friend Rachel and I had the privilege of staying at this lovely establishment a few weeks ago, when we traveled to Rome. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. A kind, wonderful family owns it, and, completely friendly and helpful, they make you feel welcome and at home. The concierge furnishes you with a map and takes pleasure in answering any questions you may have or guiding you to the places you wish to see.

The breakfast is a beautiful, and very complete, array of continental goodies like cheese and rolls or fruit and fresh chocolate croissants. The rooms are clean, pretty, and comfortable. The hotel is situated very, very well, in the classy, high-end Via Veneto area, without being part of the mad, over-priced tourist rush of that main street. Hotel Golden's on a quiet street that affords the visitor privacy while allowing him or her to very easily walk to Via Veneto, the train station (10 minutes or so--which easily leads one to the Vatican, Forum, or Colosseum, etc.), the Spanish steps, the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, among any other of Rome's treasures you would like to visit. It is a mere block away from the Villa Borghese gardens--Rome's older, better version of Central Park--and they offer the perfect respite from the crowds or the heat or the bustle of the city.

I had great conversations with the three generations of the family and the other guests, and I truly enjoyed my stay. It's really nice to be able to stay in a place that is at once small and elegant but well-placed yet private, where you really comprehend that a family puts all of its time and effort and attention into making sure this hotel meets up to its name.

That makes all the difference; you really get the sense they genuinely care about the place and the people they house and meet here and about making everyone feel good about their visit to their beloved hotel and city. So, "when in Rome," stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Having visited Rome previously some twenty years ago I have been only too familiar with the variable standard of budget hotel that one can find in the city. Hotel Golden however is a gem: a small family-run business on the first floor (small lift available) of a typical Rome apartment block. Nothing is too much trouble for the friendly staff and accomodation is both comfortable and clean. Sure, the air-conditioned room we were in may have been "compact", but you don't come to Rome to sit in your hotel room. Complimentary Wi-Fi and terrestrial TV is included and Satellite TV is available on a pay-per-view basis. Our split level ensuite bathroom might have been a bit of a challenge for some, particularly with its high entrance step, but I suspect other bedrooms are differently designed and equipped. The breakfast selection suited us down to the ground. And although the dining area is very small this is a minor inconvenience in the context of everything else. We wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple