All reviewstop floorthe main hotelvisit to romesuitelocation
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The Inn at the Spanish Steps is located just off the square that faces the Spanish Steps--on an upscale walking street in the center of Rome. Although the street is a busy one, there are no vehicles and street noise was not an issue.

Our room was in an adjacent building that has four penthouse rooms and a common room that serves as a reading room and breakfast area.. The rooms are very large with a private bath. Actually, I did not think there was anything memorable about the room itself. It was pleasant enough, but the Inn is expensive and at that price you expect something a bit more comfortable, tasteful, and luxurious.

That said, the reading--breakfast room is charming and opens onto to a terrace that overlooks the Via Condotti--with a partial view of the Steps. It is quite pleasant to have your breakfast on the terrace.

While the interior of our bedroom was not particularly special, the room had a window that opened directly onto the Spanish Steps. Here the view of the Steps and the Square below was unparalleled. It was just one great view and I doubt there are many other hotels in Rome that offer this memorable detail.

The service is courteous, friendly and helpful.

In a word, while the interior and decor of the bedroom and bathroom is somewhat disappointing, the charming reading-breakfast room (with a lovely terrace) is a compensation. The location is a big plus and if you secure a room with a direct view of the Spanish Steps, well, I would say it is worth the money.

Thus, ff you value a splendid location with a lovely breakfast terrace, attentive service, and (if available) a glorious room view, the Inn will not disappoint. If a charming, comfortable, and somewhat posh bedroom-bathroom is very important, you may wish (given these room rates) to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Spanish Steps is a must.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul R
Hildur J, Guest Relations Manager at The View At The Spanish Steps - Small Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the amazing view that our room offer and personal service received from our staff.

While compliments are nice to receive it’s devastated to hear your opinion of the room and amenities that was not to your liking. This is very personal taste as we invest in interior design and attention to details as much as the structure of this age allow.

I truly hope that you left with good impression and I welcome you to contact me personally next time your travels bring you to Rome and it will be my pleasure to personally assist in arranging your accommodations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Ms. Hildur

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We had reserved a classic room, and was upgraded to a superior room. Stayed here for three nights of our honeymoon, and I have never witnessed such great service.
We mistakenly over packed for our trip through Italy, and there were multiple stairs to our room.... Luggage was brought up, and back down at check out. It was blistering hot in Rome, and the room was cool and refreshing. The buffet at breakfast was excellent, it is pastries and eggs etc, but tasty.
Our car to the airport was not due until 2:20, and check out time was 11:30, and they held our bags for us until we were ready to leave Rome. When we came back a bit before the car, they had a restroom to freshen up (it was HOT outside) and we sat on the rooftop café until time to go...
Every request was met with a sincere desire to be helpful.
Absolutely lovely. If I am ever in Rome again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Xina K

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly hope to see you soon again.

We are delighted to read that you found the staff to be helpful and the location to be convenient.

We thank you once again and I send you my best Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Our whole family just got back from Italy. While in Rome we stayed at The View At The Spanish Steps. The hotel assisted us in arranging a driver to pick us up at the airport to get us to the hotel quickly upon arrival. The staff was fantastic!! Very friendly and eager to help us at all hours of the day. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were perfect!! The staff had wonderful recommendations for restaurants in the area. The hotel is located in a perfect location.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank HinesFamily4013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review The View at the Spanish Steps after your recent stay with us.

I am so delighted that you had such a lovely stay with us and left with fond memories.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and expressing such kindness.

It was an enormous pleasure to have you staying with us and I very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We took a four day stay at this fabulous hotel overlooking the Spanish steps. It is so central, right in the centre of the very best shopping, food and within walking distance from all the historic attractions. It is on a large square with a fountain which was a popular meeting place. The Spanish steps were being cleaned while we were there but you could still use the sides to walk up and they are quite stunning.
Our room was very sumptuous and stylish golds and creams. Bed was very large and very comfortable. The service was quiet and very efficient and the room always perfectly clean with turn down included. We had our own maid who served us at breakfast with a very beautiful selection of buffet delights plus any hot food we required, we ate on the private balcony every day. I've never had a doughnut for breakfast but hay, when in Rome! The bathroom was all black and white marble with jacuzzi and bidet as extras to all the usual items, all was again immaculately clean . I loved the understated elegance of this place with its own old lift. I can't say there was anything I disliked, maybe not for you if you like a hotel with the traditional lobby and front desk stuff as its all above Prada and tucked away in an unpretentious way.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank karen c

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review after your recent stay with us.

We are truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and for leaving such a lovely review.

Your kind comments are much appreciated and a huge compliment - thank you.

Hope to see you again

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Stay at this hotel for 5 nights from 3/28/2016. Staffs were excellent. Room is spacious and very clean. Location is excellent particularly if you want to do some high end shopping. Lots of restaurant to choose from just minutes walk from hotel. Several excellent Gelato places too withing a few minutes walk. You can walk to the Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Tiber River bank, and Colesium. If you take a taxi, it would cost about 12-15 Euros depending on traffic. Overall, I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit Rome.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Via Del Conti can be noisy in evening but quiet at night.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Phong N
Hildur J, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at The View At The Spanish Steps - Small Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It's awesome to know you enjoyed the View and it’s amenities.

It is our mission to make sure each guest has an outstanding stay. We are so pleased that you had such an amazing time and we definitely look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,