“The worst hotel I have ever experienced.”
Review of Antico Casale

Antico Casale
Ranked #1,161 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 September 2012

In the beautiful Rome I had the worst hotel and my room didn't have lock, therefore I asked the manager of hotel why room doesn't have lock but he did not have any answer, therefore I pulled my bed behind door and slept with fear of stranger entrance.
room was so poorly decorated and shower belonged to stone age people and unfortunately I paid about 120.00 US dollar for this room
Masimo was the manager at the time I was there and he was terrible to be a manager.
from California,
Pamela Kaveh

Room Tip: I don't recommend this hotel to anybody.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank parnian j

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I booked this hotel through Venere.com. The pictures on the website must have been taken at least 10 years ago, the hotel is now a disgusting mess. No maintenance has been done, garden and driveway is overgrown and shabby with torn and filthy umbrellas, the rooms are tiny and smelt of cats wee, I would not have wanted to use the ancient air-con units for fear of contracting legionaires disease!!!!! It is also a long way from Rome attractions. I cannot believe that other travellers find this acceptable. We had to go out and find other accommodation - not easy on a Saturday afternoon and in a city having no idea where you are - thank goodness for sat-navs!!!! Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, we just wanted to get the hell out!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank susierev
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been to Rome several times but never enjoyed my stay more than when I stayed at Antico Casale during my last trip and made sure that all of my Friends went there on their trips to Rome. Because of it's friendly and hospitable atmosphere, it was more like a home away from home, and the food was fantastic.

They have a very convenient hotel shuttle service to get you to and from the Airport and the bus stop across the street provides quick and easy access to Rome itself during your visit. The next time my Wife and I travel to Rome we will be certain to stay here !

Room Tip: The view from the rear rooms is best.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank DennyHoffman
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I loved it! I loved the simplicity, I loved its location, and I loved the people who run the hotel.
For me it was perfect. My room was adequate, with a bidet, very clean, tv, windows that open! Maria Em, from the front desk, spoiled me. She learned how I liked my coffee and it was ready for me when I came down. I was traveling alone, for me, it was comforting to know that if I were missing, some one would notice. I'm a bit of a nerd when traveling, suffice to say, the Owner Enrico drove to the airport to retrieve me on his Opening Night, celebrating his new ownership of the hotel! I felt cared for.
I was comfortable hoping on the city bus with my city map, provided for by Maria, her marker highlighting points of interest, that was located directly across the street. 15-20 min. later, I am downtown Roma. Form there, it was easy to get around on foot. Rome speaks English, so communication is fairly easy. You will soon be adapt at speaking with your hands in desperate gestures. After a long day of walking and Roma, I would hop on the bus and be "home" in minutes.
During my two stays at the Hotel Atila Casale, I felt no need to go to a restaurant. The hotel offers a lovely restaurant, with incredible chefs! There is no favorite. Everything you eat will soon become your favorite! I did eat some lovely lunches in Roma, but dinner was definitely sitting in the green, quiet patio, lighted candles glowing off tables draped with white linen.
I loved waking to the birds,the quiet, the espresso. A much needed lull before the chaos of the streets of downtown Roma. For this Montana girl, it was the perfect mix.
I will be traveling through Italy in April, and will definitely be staying there again!

Room Tip: The rooms in back have a lovely view. I was over the parking lot, but my view was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We were also stuck in Rome for an extra day. This place was wonderful. The complainers must be spoiled tourists who expect top accommodations at mid-range prices.
We arrived via free shuttle at an awkward time, just after noon. Although not open for lunch, the manager/hostess, Maria, offered to make us some. She was basically sharing the mid-day meal she'd made for herself and the driver, Massimo, by throwing more pasta into the pot. We were the only guests at that time. I never thought I would like simple pasta and tomato sauce, but it was delicious. Maria shared with me some of the secrets to that great sauce. This lunch was modestly priced. Afterward, we all had a siesta before the wonderful, full dinner of seafood, steak, and grilled fish (the place is also a restaurant, where locals eat at night).
The rooms were basic but very comfortable. I had the best sleep in all of my two weeks abroad. This is sort of like an American B and B, for which my countrymen pay through the nose for rustic "atmosphere." But this was the real deal. The rooster next door kept crowing day and night, but it was wonderful. He was big and beautiful. Who thought that one could have this experience in Rome proper? Not I. Well, this is what one deals with by trying to get by on the cheap in Rome--you might get stuck in a National Preserve with only corn and sunflower fields to look at. If someone doesn't like this scenario they should just stay in the airport Hilton or Marriott.
This stay was one of our highlights after being on a regimented cruise/tour. We loved it. The airport transfers by Massimo were perfect and he also portered our bags. The pamphlets available there didn't do justice to the beauty of the place.
We plan on going back next time we need an airport hotel in Rome, or maybe even just needing a place in Rome, period.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family