“A true gem!”

Hedera
Ranked #10 of 865 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: Sweetness & Co.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Borgo Pio is dense with tourist traps, not usually the place I would go look for excellence. Hedera is the hidden gem of Borgo Pio. Their hand made gelato are sublime, made with utmost skill and only the best ingredients. My favorite flavors are their exquisite dark chocolate, pistachio, and cream del nonno Peppe, a unique custard with a hint of lemon. But, really, you cannot go wrong. Their pear and cinnamon flavor is amazing too. I usually go for gelato but they have a vast array of desserts ranging from biscotti to cakes. Every single one I tasted is amazing. If you visit the Vatican do yourself a favor and hop over to Hedera.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

As an ice-cream lover, it was really a great experience for me to try ice-cream am tartuffo in Hedera. By only looking at the sorts of ice-cream available in winter, you could understand that it was made only by real seasonal and ingredients. Besides, the ambiance in the little shop is so welcoming and warming that you feel great eating delicious ice-cream in December. The owner Francesco was also very kind.I will definitely visit Hedera again in my next trip to Rome.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Tried other gelato in Rome, but this one is by far the best.
You can really taste the original ingredients. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We found this little place while walking on the streets near by the Vatican and the feeling of it was really sympathic. We tried two cookies, these were very delicious, and eating them was enjoyable. The glas between the kitchen and the shop is interesting, we can see how they make the icecream and the desserts.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

It was a personal quest to sample a lot of gelato during my three weeks in Rome. Without doubt, Hedera was the absolute best. They choose to have 12 flavors, not 120 -- they choose to use only perfect fruit and ingredients in order to reach the highest quality. The pistachio is not green! They refuse to add food coloring. Bravo.
Each flavor I tried had perfect flavor and texture. I think I tried all of the "best" places in Rome, and I declare that Hedera is truly the best.