See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I spent 3 nights in Romangelo hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the hostel facilities weren't so great. The rooms were really small (I stayed in a shared dorm). The location is convenient and the breakfast is awesome. There's not much space to just hang out except for the lobby with computers, which makes interaction with other guest difficult. But if you are just looking to stay for one or two nights, the hostel does have everything you need and it's close to Termini station which is great.

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I saw all the good reviews for this hostel, and I really don't know why. My stay there was terrible, even though im used to share bedrooms in hostels and travel with a low budget. The Location, near the Termini Station is good cause it makes easier to get to the city touristic points. The only problem is that it is quite a dangerous area, and as a smoker, it was difficult to stay outside having a cigarette in peace.
The worst problem for me was the lack of privacy, and I'm not speaking about the other people of the room, but about the staff, always entering the room for random reasons. One of the nights a member of the staff demanded me and my friend to turn off the lights of the bedroom, to don't bother other guests, even though it was only me and her in the bedroom. The room was quite hot, and the staff wouldn't allow us to open the window, saying that someone in the street could see us getting changed (?).
I was there this august, which is quite a busy time, and to use the bathroom in the morning was a bit complicated.
Also, my room window was facing the street, in a busy area, with trucks and cars passing by the whole night, which made really difficult to sleep, although the beds were really comfy.

The biggest part of the staff couldn't speak English, which made the communication quite complicated.
Also, I don't know about the other rooms, but mine had nothing to do with the photos showed here.
They offer Breakfast, included on the price, and it was quite good for what we were paying.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AmandaMurcia2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff at the hostel were very helpful- we originally booked at Romangelo 2, but they didn't have space for us, and switched is over to Romangelo. We stayed in a co-ed dorm, which was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable, but the noise from outside (cars/trams) made it impossible to sleep through the night- and we had to keep the window open because there was only one oscillating fan for all of us to share.
Breakfast was included, and there is a kitchen to use, which is extremely convenient. There are also 3 common computers, and the staff lets you print, which is great.
Really the downsides are the noise, and that between 4 dorm rooms we were all sharing 1 bathroom.

Room tip: If you can get a room away from the street, DO IT! Also, air conditioning was advertised in our original booking at Romangelo 2, but we didn't have any when we moved to Romangelo.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spent 1 night in this hostel. It has everything what I needed. Comfortable bed in a dormitory. Clean and quiet inside. The staff was friendly and helpfull. They gave me a map of the centre. The breakfast was delicious-bread, rolls, cereals with milk, jam and honey, coffee and tea. It is located just 5 minutes from Termini station in a safe part of Rome.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

i stayed in this hostel for 4 night. it was very beautiful. i met very nice people. is close to termini station and also vitorio emanule. is clean. internet conection is good. you have wifi in the room.the staff help you with every problem do you have. is not noisy. u can sleep without problems. the breakefast is a little bit pour. i stayed in a room with 6 bed but actualy were 7. you dont have a safe lock and the door from room didnt had key. sometimes the manager enterd the room just to check something but i dont know what. if u stay only few days is ok. you can stay for no problem.is clean so this is a good thing

Date of stay: April 2013