See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Opening the gigantic old wood doors to find an oasis of a courtyard. Double room was small but cozy. Great shower. Loved all of the old furniture and mirrors. Near everything we wanted to see in our whirlwind 48 hours left of our two week stay in Europe. The market and shopping in the Campo de Feori was amazing and so many restaurants to chose from. All more than we expected walking out of the beautiful wood doors. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The only downside were the poor wifi connections due to the century's old building. Would definitely stay at Casa Banzo again.....

Room Tip: Courtyard echoes and noises are loud in the middle of the night when people are coming into their rooms very late at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

On arrival,we were confronted by an enormous ,heavy wooden door,and on opening it before us was a wonderful courtyard,green and inviting.We were in a large deluxe room,ceilings 4metres high,beautiful large bed, paintings on the walls close to the ceiling and wonderful old furniture.The bathroom was large too,and all our needs were catered for by a friendly helpful staff.They could not have done enough for us. in a wonderful area of Rome,and walking distance to all the great sights but in a quiet piazza,an absolute must.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
casabanzo, Proprietario at Casa Banzo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Mr Norman,
We sincerely thank you very much for your enthousiastic words. We are glad you could fully appreciate any aspect of our Deluxe Room and the ancient charme of the historical building we are located in.
Our Staff is greatly thankful for your appreciation of their work. All Staff members like put their experience and passion at disposal of our Guests, and when the feedback is so flattering, that is the best reward for the hard work.
Thank you again for wonderful review and please, be our welcomed Guests again any time you wish in the future.
Warm regards

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our entire visit to Rome. It was perfectly situated for us within walking distance to all the major attractions - Vatican, Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc. It is also RIGHT next to the Campo de Feori which was great for the morning market and night life. We stayed in the "Romantic Apartment" and the size and decor was great. The only downside was that there really wasn't much water pressure in the shower and the water was either scalding hot or really cold. The cold didn't really bother me since it was so warm during the day, but that, I would say, is the one negative we faced. I'm not sure if all the rooms are like that, and they may have it fixed by now.

I really did enjoy our stay there, but be warned that its not clearly marked. Once we knew where it was, we were fine. But we walked around for quite some time (in pouring rain, but that's not their fault) trying to locate the place. We eventually had to stop in to a nearby restaurant where they were kind enough to call them to have them wait outside for us.

They also let us print out train ticket confirmations at their front desk which I thought was really nice and the free wifi was a plus.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the size of the "Romantic Apartment". Having a kitchen was nice when you are so close to the Campo de Fiori. You may want to ask if the water pressure/temperature issues have been fixed, though, in the shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed in the Bella Vista apartment. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, and living room with very comfortable futon sofa. It is very bright and inviting. It comfortably sleeps six. The location can't be beat. You can walk to everything including the Vatican and Colosseum. The Campo di' Fiori square is a very happening area. There are numerous restaurants, shops, and a fabulous farmer's market almost everything day until 3pm. The staff at Casa Bazno is so nice and so accommodating! This is my second stay and I would definitely stay again. Thank you Casa Banzo for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 244travelgirl
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I found Casa Banzo trawling though the net for an inexpensive accomodation that would be well located in the historic centre of Rome. I am a middle aged mother of 2 who has been quite spoilt in the past with accomodation, having stayed in Four Seasons and various boutique luxury hotels, such as the Hotel Russie in Rome itself. (which now having having discovered Casa Banzo, i am unlikely to go back to.... Casa Banzo is not only way cheaper, but also better located for evening activities in Rome) For our planned 2 day stay in Rome, I did not want to fork out an arm and a leg. Yet I wanted comfort, very pleasant conditions, possibly with a WOW factor. I got that from Casa Banzo....and more. The location could not be better, 2 minutes from Campo de Fiori and all the Renaissance Palaces, Churches and monuments I wanted to re-visit.
The building itself is special as it is reportedly a 17th or 18th century Cardinal's abode. While nothing like some of the grander Cardinal residences, Casa Banzo definitely had its own distinct flavour of history and allure. The staff went beyond their duty to assure we had a great stay. The 4 of us stayed in the Romantic suite. It had a lot of character and the opening onto the ground floor courtyard, extended our living space. Justina called me in London to help me with our restaurant booking. She went out of her way to help us with our itinerary and eating arrangements. I thought I had left some of my private things in the room. When contacted, she took the trouble to ask the cleaning lady if she had found my things (I later found them in a hidden niche in another suitecase).
Great location, setting, service. The only drawback was the internet which didnt work when we were there in early August. I was told that it hadnt worked since a couple of days when they changed service providers. But I see that there have been shortcomings with the internet service since June from another review.

Room Tip: Romantic suite is great for families of up to 5 people
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family