All reviews policlinico metro station gran sasso top floor hotel is located breakfast is served ham an excellent hotel junior suite double bed comfortable rooms stayed here for nights location was perfect yogurt centre of rome visit to rome driveway cheese
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Lovely, well-run little hotel, outside of the busy city center at the edge of a nice residential area but with metro, bus, and tram at the corner.
Great breakfasts in a lovely setting, and a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Also--we recommend "Gran Sasso" restaurant, in the neighborhood.

Room tip: Room on the top floor has its own large veranda.
Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Not in a central location - but with easy access to Metro & buses. Termini is only 2 Metro stops away. Very quiet in the evening. Great staff. For dinner - make sure you go to 'Gran Sasso' restaurant - family owned with terrific food. 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Where to start? The booking process: we booked through an online agency and after receiving our confirmation number I made contact with the hotel straight away to confirm all was in order. I had barely time to check the rest of my emails before I received a reply from Federica at the hotel who gave me piece of mind that indeed we were booked in for the dates requested. On arrival the check in was straight forward and copies of our passport were taken and the key to our room handed over - all in all 5 minutes.
The rooms were small, granted - but in my opinion, perfectly formed and the only thing I really care about is cleanliness and I couldn't fault it, it was spotless. If you want a bigger room pay the additional fee and upgrade but in my opinion if you spend hours in a hotel room in Rome, you're doing something wrong - how much room do you need to sleep?! The air conditioning system was excellent, the bed spacious and comfortable, there were extra pillows if required and above all the area was quiet. I had 7 great nights of sleep.
Breakfast is exactly as I'd thought and I thoroughly enjoyed it and looked forward to it every morning. The setting was ideal, on the roof, open air and relaxing. There's loads of choice and Catia was there most mornings with a smile to greet you. After that, we left the room behind for the day and explored Rome. We asked Alessandra and Federica for tips on where to eat and because it was a Sunday Alessandra called ahead and checked that the restaurant was open. The restaurants recommended were very good and so if you're looking to eat out then either Stella Maris or Gran Sasso are both good choices.
The staff at the hotel are helpful, pleasant and efficient and if you have experienced anything different then it may be worth bearing in mind that attitude begets attitude - if you're not pleasant, you won't get it back!
All in all the stay at the hotel was an important part of our enjoyment of the Roma experience and they didn't disappoint. Thank you!
Now for some useful tips: I did my research before we left for Rome and so I knew exactly where the hotel was located and checked google earth so that I would recognise the street and the hotel on arrival. When you get off the plane at Fiumincino Airport (FCO) there are plenty of signs for finding buses and trains into Rome. Be aware! We landed late evening when most of the ticket offices had closed and so we made our way to the one that was open so we could get a ticket for the Leonardo Express train. The man at the desk did everything possible to try and persuade us that the shuttle bus was the best option - even saying it would get us there quicker and that the trains were only every hour. We stuck to our guns and went for the train at which point he actually became quite hostile, telling us we were fools and that he knew better, blah blah. We boarded the train less than 10 minutes later (they are in fact every half an hour) and were at Termini Station in a squidge over 30 minutes. Follow the signs for the Metro, it is a bit of a trek but there are mechanical walkways for most of it so if you're tired, just stand still! At Termini Metro look for Linea B to Rebibbia and the hotel is located a stone's from Policlinico Station - 2 stops from Termini.
We bought a weekly ticket that cost 16 euro and covered Metro, bus and tram - excellent value for money. The transport system makes it a doddle to get around. Don't be put off this hotel because you think it is out of town - its perfectly located.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank rlk2013
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Beware....we arrived to find they had already given our room away at 3 in the afternoon! They put us in a MUCH lesser hotel and made NO apologies or financial adjustments.

Date of stay: September 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank a l
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Right by Metro to city centre but nice and quiet. Excellent friendly and helpful staff. Can't wait to return. had a 9 year old boy with us so we wanted somewhere quiet but close to city centre. Breakfast on roof terrace was exceptional both in quality and surroundings

Date of stay: July 2011